Two Emails Regarding Proposed Legislation

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Riggo, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Riggo

Riggo Member

Could someone please post the two emails sent out by Management in support of the proposed legislation?

2. SCR

SCR Active Member

Here are the 2 emails in PDF form

Attached Files:

3. Riggo

Riggo Member

Thank you, SCR! You are a gentleperson and a scholar! Truly appreciated!

4. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

The Act provides that all owners, regardless of age or residency, are mandatory members which jeopardizes Sun City's age-restricted character. Lie – Community Documents of age restricted communities spell out the age restriction as well as the underaged restrictions clearly.

Under the Act, RCSC would have to grant recreational facilities access to owners under age 55 and/or living outside of the community. Lie - Community Documents of age restricted communities spell out the age restriction as well as the underaged restrictions clearly.

RCSC does not now, nor has it ever regulated or monitored private residences located in Sun City AZ which is a primary function of the Act. Lie – The RCSC regulates and monitors private residences by way of the annual dues. If not paid in full, lien activities are started, and there are provisions for foreclosing on one’s house for not being in compliance,

The Act would provide for an automatic lien against Sun City AZ properties from the time an assessment comes due and requires that the lien be extinguished unless proceedings to enforce the lien are instituted within three years. Therefore, the Act may actually require RCSC to foreclose to protect its interest, Lie – The RCSC has taken steps in previous actions to foreclose on properties in the past. The foreclosure was never secured because the lien and subsequent foreclosure action was settled prior to the actual action of foreclosure was complete

5. Riggo

Riggo Member

The opening line tells me everything I need to know (“The intent of HB 2374 is to clarify...). Clarify? Really? How much of a fool do you take me to be? This bill is not about clarification. It is about REVERSING case law.