Trump Protestors

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by pegmih, Nov 12, 2016.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Any opinion on Trump Protesters?

I think they are despicable. It shows the nettle of the Hillary supporters.

If Trump had lost, I doubt if there would have been protesters.

I've tried to be kind.:apathy:

Despicable: adjective:
    contemptible, loathsome, hateful, detestable, reprehensible, abhorrent, abominable, awful, heinous;

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I'm wearing my supportive silent protest safety pin. :grief:

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

First amendment right to free speech. Trump sure used free speech when he called Mexicans rapist, said he could grab women without their permission, told people to fo F themselves, called women ugly, mocked the disabled, and every other hateful racist misogynist words he used. He set the tone. His supporters love it, chanted it. And you are suddenly surprised? Did you think we would accept this bigot? They have a constitutional right to let the world know not all us believe in hate, like Trump supporters. I hope they keep it up for Trump's term. We will fight against bigotry and hate.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for people that have such anger.

5. Cynthia

Then you must have felt sorry for angry Trump and all his supporters at his rallies.

6. Cynthia

Just read about that. I'm going to adopt it too :victorious:

7. g47

g47 New Member

Yet you bought a home in a area that is about 96% white. Where no democrat ran in this congressional district, no democrat ran in our state senate district, and they could only find one democrat, who lost by a large margin, to run for state rep when they could have 2. Your views are in the minority around here.

By the way he only referred to illegals as rapists and most people I know have told people to go F themselves.

8. Cynthia

People telling someone to go F themselves is one thing. A President saying it is another. Just imagine for a second if Obama had ever said anything close. And how many people do you know that mock the disabled on live TV to millions. Defend him if you want.

If you look at the stats, Maricopa was 647,714 Trump and 606,324 Clinton. Not much of majority. But I'm not talking Maricopa anyway, I'm talking the US in general. We all know Clinton won the popular vote for that. Want to know what Trump thought about the electoral college and protesting about it? (of course when it was in Obama's favor not his) Read his Twitter feed from then. He called for a march on Washington to protest and a revolution. twitter.jpg

9. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Thank you. For weeks I have seen Facebook posts telling about the wonderful Hilliary and terrible Trump. Glad it is over.

10. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Most people aren't running for president are they?

11. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Thinking it and saying it are two different things. :pride:

12. BPearson

As long as you brought this crap up, let's look a little closer how the masses got sucked in to the huckster's pitch and how it's going to really play out: Trump's tax plan was going to be the salvation for the "middle class." Freaking laughable. This article showcases just who is going to benefit and here's a couple of cuts from it to make your day:

This sounds really good eh?
    For instance, at a rally in Scranton, Pa., Trump promised to "massively cut taxes for the middle class, the forgotten people, the forgotten men and women of this country, who built our country." During a town hall meeting on NBC's Today show, he said he believes in raising taxes on the wealthy.

In reality, here's what happens to the top earners: "If you look at the most wealthy, the top 1 percent would get about half the benefits of his tax cut, and a millionaire would get an average tax cut of $317,000," she says.

And it gets way worse: But a family earning between $40,000 and $50,000 a year would get a tax cut of only $560, she says, and millions of middle-class working families will see their tax bills rise under Trump's plan — especially single-parent families. "A single parent who's earning $75,000 dollars and has two school-age children, they would face a tax increase of over $2,400,"

So forgive some of us who might be concerned we've just been sold the same old bill of goods by those on the right...more tax cuts for those who already have it all. And as this same old song gets played, those on the bottom and those in the middle are left screwed...hence the protesters.

Hope that explains it better for you.

13. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

What really irks me the most is two people I know who have been the most vocal, obnoxious and Trump praisers...they never even vote!! I guess that's good because that's two less votes he got but I know there are many closet bigots, racists and chauvinists that seem so fair in person but voted for hate and discrimination behind the voting curtain. That's their right but now it's plain how many are out there.

14. BPearson

Trump is perhaps the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on the nation...that said, he's been elected by the electoral college and i pray he is successful in actually governing this country in a way that benefits the majority and not the the handful that have it all. My money is on him not getting beyond the first year; i was wrong on the election, so who the hell knows eh?

15. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

The problem is that Pence is not much better in terms of being a moderate that is able to work between both parties. We're in for a long 4 years. I, too, hope for the best but have doubts it will go smoothly.

16. Cynthia

I don't. The sooner this Bully-in-Chief is out the better. If he fails maybe (big maybe) his supporters will see him for the fraud he is. Sadly I don't think many care if he fulfills his promises or not. They reveled in his outspoken hate. They want a backward social change. The worrisome part about his demise is Pense would take over. He's a fanatic of Evangelical Taliban proportions and probably already the one in charge, with Priebus telling him what to do. They've organized a white house Evangelical advisory board headed by Michele Bachmann. Not only no separation of church and state but preferential treatment of one religious group.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  17. GCotten

GCotten Member

After reading all of the above remarks I believe it wouldn't hurt to post the following quotes from people far smarter and wiser than I:

"One of the truest signs of maturity is the ability to disagree with someone while still remaining respectful" plus "Wanting Trump to fail is like wanting the pilot to crash the plane that we are ALL on."

18. Cynthia

The Republicans and Trump showed zero respect to Obama the past 8 years but now we are suppose to buck up and respect them. Why? Quotable writers can call it immature if they want, but there are other words for it too. FYI, there are so many copilots on this plane I don't think you need to worry about it crashing if one can't fly it.

19. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I watched 60 Minutes. It was a pleasure to see and hear from such a lovely and supportive family.

20. Cynthia

When I look at them I see 2 men who love to hunt and kill beautiful African animals because they are spoiled rich kids. I could go on about the rest of them but I won't. Emily is right...a trust fund/family business makes you supportive.

I did not know about the Italian American camps of WWII. I wonder why we never hear much about that? I'll look it up.