Traveling by Air

Discussion in 'The Travel Forum' started by gilmark, Jul 17, 2013.

1. gilmark

gilmark New Member

We are no longer able to make long drives and are relying on air travel. Anyone have any suggestions for obtaining good one-way fares?

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

3. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Thanks for the information. It was very informative.

4. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

I just heard this a.m. Phoenix Sky Harbor was rated one of the Best for being on time with Air-travel flights ...
    that is a Plus for Phoenix and Air Travel...

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I prefer to travel Southwest.
    Sometimes I have to use another airline that I won't mention - never as good.
    SW has always been the best.
    And, yes, I do check the link above to see the best time to get reservation.

6. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Southwest has always been my favorite, also ! !
    Good prices - -good service - -and no extra charges on many things as other airlines have...
    Check out Travelocity - also, sometimes they have good offers on airfare.

7. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I have tried Travelocity but going directly to the airline seems to offer the best price.
    However, check out both. Also, there are other travel places.
    But again. I must say that the best price is probably with the airline.

8. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Sounds as if Southwest and using Travelocity are good choices. I, too, like Southwest.

9. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I have flown a lot and never been bumped or delayed.
    My son flies out of Phoenix Monday morning and flies back in Friday morning.
    That would be waaay to much airport for me.
    He has accumulated a lot of flight time and he and his wife are always taking trips
    One of his customers is in Hawaii so he has to go there a couple times a year.
    Now that's not hard to take.

10. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Today I combined AirTran and SW points and was able to get two one-way tickets from Philadelphia to Phoenix for $10.00. Now, that's my kind of bargain. Our three air connections this summer (Phx to Des Moines, Indianapolis to New York City, Philadelphia to Phoenix) for $449.50. Can't beat that!

11. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Appears like a DEAL to me Gilmark ! ! Bravo to you and your excellent connections !

12. Sulley007

Sulley007 New Member

I like using the site Kayak.com. They search all airlines so it's like one site and you're done.

13. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Kayak.com will be an interesting site to check out ! Appreciate your info Sulley007