Transportation input needed--win prizes too!

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by suncityjack, Oct 10, 2014.

1. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

​There's a lot happening with transportation in the Northwest Valley lately and here's an opportunity ​for input. The site focuses on Phoenix, but ​the ​map includes us and there is discussion focusing on the West Valley​, so ​I ​suggest​ed some​ bus routes and ​improvements for service in our area​. It would help to show interest by voting for some of the route extensions listed and suggest some of your own. Phoenix's Mayor Greg Stanton is very interested in regional transportation issues and I'm sure realizes that it is to everyone's benefit to connect the West Valley.
    The city of Phoenix will be speaking with the community to learn about needs related to transit, road infrastructure and complete streets elements. Feedback will be used to select future light rail extensions and identify funding for transportation improvements and can be given in a variety of ways: public meetings, outreach events, and the site also awards points to those who participate, so give it a look and please vote for suggestions that would help our ​region​: www.talktransportation.org
    ​I would enjoy reading your postings.
    ​Additionally, ​the site has added an anonymous five minute survey that will inform The Citizens Committee on the Future of Phoenix Transportation about your transportation priorities. What is important to you? What should the Committee focus on? How should transportation funding be spent?​ Please take the time to let your voice be heard.

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I went to web page.
    The map shows 4 areas and does not include Sun City.

3. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

It does not specifically include Sun City, but if you read the discussions you will find people discussing Surprise, Goodyear, and other outlying areas too. The key is to get the Phoenix folks like the committee and mayor to recognize that people out here want to connect to Peoria, Glendale, and downtown Phoenix and to do so they can extend already existing buslines or consider other options that better tie together the valley. This section is just asking for input re: your vision, so if your vision includes better connections to downtown Phoenix or service in outer areas, it seems to me it's pretty carte blanche to put in your two cents, so start your own topic or respond to ideas like Dial-A-Ride suggestions, surcharge added to auto licenses to better fund public transportation, creating a Grand Ave. line, etc.
    http://www.talktransportation.org/vision-of-phoenix-transportation