Thrift Stores ! ! !

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Anita Mae, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Are we all aware of the absolutely super deals we can get at The Thrift Stores ? There are so many located in our area
    in and around Sun City. A whole cluster of them are right off 107th and Peoria. Del Webb and Tailsman area --- 99th Ave & Bell. Goodwill and the Salvation Army - in near-by Peoria, have great selections of clothing, kitchen ware, house ware, you name it - - these places have it ! Most of these stores offer a discount on different days and even have the Senior Deals...
    So -- let's go shopping !

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Valley View Community Food Center has a thrift shop and there is a small one next to them (it's easy to miss) - 107th & Peoria. And while you are there, stop in at Dollar General (great greeting cards) next door. Not as good prices as the 99 cent store (Thunderbird just east of freeway). There is a Sprouts next to it that has good food prices (watch for ads). Then there is Dollar tree (99th and Greenway).

Has anyone been to Neat Repeat? I think it is at 99th & Peoria.

I think there is a Goodwill east of SC on Bell in a shopping center. There is also a 99 cent store there.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Someone told me they shop at the Dented Can store on Peoria and east of 99th. I plan to stop there soon. The owner gets merchandise left over from Costco and other places.

4. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I like the Four Paws just over the SC border in Youngtown behind Denny's. They also have their cat adoption place beside it.

5. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Penny-Wise on 99th and Bell - - have some great sale days - - on their already good prices. Their profit goes to Mingus Girls Ranch near Prescott ! Great Thrift Store !

6. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Thrift Shopping at its best -- Remember to go to all those Church Rummage Sales that our local Churches always hold - - as an annual event ! You can pick up such wonderful items !
    I hold all my "Junk that other people might buy as their treasures" -- to donate for my Churches Yearly Sale.:watermelon:

7. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

All Saints of the Desert Episcopal has advertised the following, but I'd call to check because with summer, lots of things change...."IT'S SATURDAY" THRIFT SHOPPE
    The Thrift Shoppe will be open every Friday from 8:00 A.M. until 11:00 A.M. and then again on Saturday from 8:00 A.M. until Noon.
    Donations will continue to be received on Tuesdays only, from 8:00 A.M. until 10:00 A.M. Sorting will take place this same day from 8:00 A.M. until 11 :00 A.M.
    AM, when's your church's rummage? Maybe you can post it on the calendar....

8. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Here is a link the the Dented Can Store. It even has a map.
    Dented Can

I think I will go there later this month.

9. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

The All Saints of the Desert -- are you referring to the one off Burns? I recently passed it and saw what appeared to be a current sign for their Thrift Shop.