The Trumpster...

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by BPearson, Feb 17, 2016.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Seeing as this site is languishing in a sea of apathy and non-posters, might as well have some fun and start the ball roiling with some lighthearted jabs at our current state of politics. Without question, i've never scene a spectacle like this past 6 months, to say nothing about the coming 8 months.

In an effort of full disclosure, i am a bleeding heart liberal (though i struggle with the Bern and all is his give-a-ways). And on that side of the ledger, Miss Hillary has had more than her share of blunders. It will be fascinating to see how the dems play this one out. Sure seems like there's a couple of candidates waiting in the wings if she crashes and burns.

The real sideshow though has been in the righties camp. Lordy, how bizarre has all of this been? My neighbor came by yesterday and while once a card carrying union guy and democrat, he's switched sides and became a registered republican. While here, i thought i'd take a poke with a stick and ask him about the Trumpster. Wow, did i get an earful.

Guess it's no surprise, and his points were spot on why the Donald is as popular as he is. He said people are sick of politicians and want someone who says what they feel. Okay, i get it. Most of the suits running for office just tell the group they are speaking to what they want to hear. Once elected they are bought and paid for by big money donors and the rest of us be damned.

Trump doesn't fit that mold and who knows what he would do once in office. It is refreshing to hear him say thing like the other night about G W Bush and how we weren't safe while he was president. How bad the war in Iraq was and how we bought into the lies we were told. That just isn't done in political circles, unless you are one of the right wing crazies going off about Obama.

I can't imagine myself voting for Trump, but he looks way more appealing than Ted Cruz or watching another Bush sitting in the oval office.

In any event, the rest of this year promises to be one hell of a ride.

2. BPearson

Watching the GOP town hall...after Cruz gets done I'm going to take a long hot shower. Absolute slime ball.

The other two were at least tolerable.

3. BruceW

BruceW Active Member

OK, I'll jump in on this one and add my 2 cents.
    Admittedly I am proud to say I am pretty far to the right, although I have voted Democrat in the very distant past.
    With that said I have not liked the last 7+ years at all, but was not over joyed about the previous 8.
    I like many others would NOT want to see another Bush in office, he may be OK, but I don't trust him.
    I like the Cruz tax plan (demolish the IRS), but not much else about him.
    I like Trump because he is not the typical slimy politician, but he would get more support if he would sometimes tone down his rants.
    Build the wall, yup agree.
    Trump tax plan: sounds pretty good.
    Trump getting along with Putin... good luck with that, but maybe he can.

I have to admit a few thing Bernie says sound real good, but you have to wonder where all the $$ will come from to support his programs... heavy taxes of course.

My opinion of Billy boy and Hillary... rich trash that should never hold public office.

IF (big if) Trump can really pull off most of the things he says he wants to do and is really who he says he is I think he could do some good.
    I really think he can "make America great again."

My better half liked Cruz, but is less than impressed with his latest shenanigans.
    She doesn't like Trump and his rants so will probably stay with Cruz, but I'm trying to talk her out of it. ;)

4. BPearson

Hey BW, thanks for jumping into the fray. Way too few posters these days, so i took the liberty of starting what could become a s___storm. We'll see.

You do have to admit, this is one weird and wacky political race. While we obviously disagree on who should be president, we almost assuredly agree you should get your butt out of Colorado and get to Sun City where you belong.

5. BruceW

BruceW Active Member

Amen to that BP. This is one weird race for Pres and we don't have to agree, but it sounds like we agree on Cruz... not a very nice guy.
    He sounds like a used car salesman and I'm not buying.

As far as moving to Sun City...
    I am still out of work, these days employers want college kids, not a "seasoned" dude like me.
    I have checked into some high tech jobs in AZ with similar results.

If all goes well ;) and I don't find a high tech job in CO we may be forced to move to SC, and yes I am trying.

My better half is not ready to give up as she puts it, but with the price of homes in CO I'm more than ready.
    We have enough equity in our CO home to buy a SC home outright and be debt free, but marriage is a partnership and she is the one gainfully employed in CO.

I look at Sun City as a fun new adventure, but at least one of us still needs to be employed... we will see how things play out.

6. BPearson

Anybody watch last night? I have it on DVR but won't get a chance to see till this weekend.

7. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

We are doomed...I'm in KY for a family event so I didn't see the latest circus (not that there isn't TV here, we have just been driving for 2 days.).
    Anyway - we can not afford Bernie, plus I don't think he could work with Congress. He seems like a my way or the highway kind of guy.

I can't comment on the Republican side, I need to take the time and listen to them.

Hillary is a known, tested, entity...like it or not, it's the evil we know.

Consider this, Hillary gets the Democratic nomination, Bernie somehow gets on the ballot as an independent...where are we then?

8. BruceW

BruceW Active Member

I was a big Romney fan, wish he would have run again, but understand his reluctance.
    If Hilary takes the seat I believe we are doomed. Wicked witch of the west IMHO.
    Yes, she is the evil we know and if we put her in the white house the "transformation of America" will be complete and America will be taken down even farther.
    We definitely cannot afford Bernie, all we would see is more executive orders and skyrocketing taxes.
    Free schooling, yeah... who is going to pay for it!!!

On the GOP side it is down to Trump and Cruz, both have lots of good things to say, Cruz just says them more eloquently because he is a lifetime politician and that is why I don't trust him.

Trump is rough and tough and takes no crap, if he gets the seat I think he will find he has to adjust that attitude a bit to get things done.
    When you run a business you can tell people what you want them to do and expect it to be done, if they don't you hire someone that will.

As president you have to negotiate and listen to advisers, you can't just make an executive order just because the law makers don't agree with you.
    Hmm, who does that sound like?

9. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

All that is for sure is, we are all in for a wild ride.

10. BPearson

Never saw two losers, acting like the winners as we saw tonight in South Carolina. Hello, rusted and the R man you got your ass handed to you by the trumpster.

Too funny.

11. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Funny in a "oh my God this can't be happening" kind of way?

12. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Losers for sure, nothing but air. Go Hillary.

13. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

And then he WINS South Carolina....oy

14. Mullet

Mullet Member

Been a while.*

The Republicans cozying up to the tea party is coming home to roost. It's created candidates that are so extreme that many have convinced themselves that Trump is a good option. Really? The guy is a bullying, blow-hard that has managed to insult nearly everyone with his childish rants. He's a sexist and a bigot and not much of a businessman (count the bankruptcies). The right's hatred for the current president has created an environment where they're racing to be the most extreme. While that may appeal to fifteen percent of the voting public, it's going to be hard to sway enough non-rabid voters to get to the votes needed. No matter who's representing the Democrats.*

15. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

O.K. I'll say it. Trump would be a breath of fresh air. So there!!!!!

16. Mullet

Mullet Member

I guess it depends on your definition of "fresh". He does blow.*

17. BPearson

Trump is clearly an anomaly that screams people are sick and tired of politicians of all ilk. Since the Citizen's United ruling by the Supreme Court, what was left of a fairly worthless system of buying and selling politicians has been completely destroyed. Right and left wing radio fanatics say whatever they want and the folks listening to them believe it to be the truth.

So here's a question for you all...if there were only two possible candidates, Trump and Cruz, which one would you take?

18. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

So you're asking if we'd rather jump off a cliff or be impaled? Refuse to answer.

19. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Trump Just because.........

20. g47

g47 New Member

Maybe none of them. As of this mornings delegate totals Trump needs 54.3 % of the remaining delegates, Cruz 61.2%, Rubio 75.7% and Kasich 82. 5%. Even if Trump wins Winner Take All Ohio and Florida he will still need 49.1 of the remaining delegates. I can't see a first ballot nomination unless 2 drop out and they would have to do that soon.