Sun City sign location

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Julianna, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Julianna

Julianna Member

Can someone tell me where the sun City sign that is shown in the explore sun City video is ? It is low to the ground and curves around.
    Thanks

2. Julianna

Julianna Member

Emily,
    am looking forward to seeing that one today. I realized that i saw the other sign in a video from 55places I'm starting to think it is not a real sign but perhaps computer generated for the video?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

There's also the classic brick wall signs on both sides of 107th Avenue just north of Olive Avenue. Seems to me there's one other besides this one and the one at 111th & Peoria(which does need some new red paint on the lettering).

As I've said before....the newer metal signs posted at Sun City entrances that have the slogan "Sun City - The Original Fun City" should never have been installed. Maybe that's why so many have lost the spirit of "Sun City - The City of Volunteers". They also look cheap and are fading badly after just a couple years.

Julianna likes this.
  4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

FOUND IT! The 3rd sign that I know of is on 103rd Avenue just north of Olive which is in much better condition.

5. Julianna

Julianna Member

Aggie
    Thank you!!

6. Julianna

Julianna Member

Aggie how did you find it?

7. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I drive by these signs all the time as we live in Phase I near all three signs. It was a matter of letting my morning coffee take effect and jog my memory.

8. Julianna

Julianna Member

Yay!!!!