Sun City Posse Made the Right Move

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by aggie, Jan 26, 2019.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

The Sun City Posse broke away from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office quite a while ago. Their independent force now has increased both in numbers and the amount of patrols it performs. We can only hope they continue to get support through monetary donations and volunteers.

There was breaking news from Sheriff Penzone yesterday and this article in the Sun City West Independent/Daily News Sun. All other Posses are out of commission but our Sun City Posse is here to serve us without interruption!!

https://yourvalley.net/yourvalley/news/scw-posse-cars-taken-off-street/

eyesopen likes this.
  2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Good catch aggie. The other Posse around the state have been left high and dry by the changes. Great leadership by the SC Posse to get out ahead of this one rather than waiting for the other shoe to drop. I always wondered why the Su City West Posse was able to stay the course and know we know, they weren't.

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I would imagine that emotions will be running hot over in Sun City West when Sheriff Penzone meets residents for "Coffee with a Cop" this morning. The Posses have now been grounded for nearly 2 weeks and MCSO response to calls has been burdened with everything the SC Posse used to do for them. This huge increase in demands for service by the MCSO can't continue with the limited personnel in the area.

Personally I see no reason for armed Posse members in Sun City West. The requirement of additional testing and training now conducted in Phoenix is something that could be resolved so easily. Have a qualified person conduct the training somewhere here in the West Valley.

5. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Anyone rethinking our having an independent Posse now that we've had it for a few years?
    Anyone attend the Sheriff Penzone meeting today at Posse Headquarters?
    I heard there was going to be a lot of discussion about homelessness and the growing vagrancy problems.