Sun City Meet Your Candidates October 3rd

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by Emily Litella, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Nice E, thanks for posting. Hopefully we will jam the joint eh?

3. 5thd

5thd Member

wear your blue shirts.

Emily Litella likes this.
  4. BPearson

A by-product of my own doing...so there was a call yesterday where there was some concern regarding the Tipireni event the other night. The fact the Maga folks showed up raised some red flags and we had a brief discussion about what took place. The good news is, it was nothing that needed special handling. Being aware of potential problems is a good thing. The reality is the meeting here on Oct 3 will be much larger. Knowing that, the RCSC can plan ahead and be well ready for the crowd in attendance.

It is safe to say, taking video of the event is a great first step, especially if they let folks know that is the case. This is a club sponsored event and the club will be held accountable. Setting the rules for use of the mics, and refraining from shouting from the audience will insure a more orderly and positive outcome for all. There is nothing illegal with people from either side of the aisle attending. In fact, there are any number of independents who should come and meet the candidates. Seeing them up close and personal is important.

And, i would strongly encourage anyone in attendance from trying to turn it into the circus sideshow we have seen at Trump rally's. My guess is you will see classic differences from those on the left than what you see when our current president points to the media and urges the crowd to get all riled up and crazed.

Let's make this a fun night and a fun event. In the end, it's just politics eh.

5. BPearson

Damn! I hate exclamation points, but in this case I made an exception. The last two Tipirneni rallies had me all pumped up for another night of getting the political juices flowing. I did these kinds of events as a part of my work life and have been involved in the good, bad and the ugly.

When we moved to AZ, i found the democrats were relegated to second class citizen status, often times fielding token candidates and sometimes not at all. I found it easier to disengage from the process rather than watch helpless and hopeless efforts to elect the unelectable..

With what is going on in this country, we are seeing a new energy from the dems. Don’t get me wrong, i do not get excited by some of the old retreads being touted as our 2020 election salvation, but for now the midterms are our best chance to try and restore some salinity to the Whitehouse. It’s just plain painful to watch a smug Mitch McConnel preeening in front of the cameras as he pretends to be doing his job.

Back to last night, I will sum it up in a very short 5 words: I left after twenty minutes. Seriously gang, is this the best you’ve got? No Garcia, no Sinema and Tipirneni showed up for 15 minutes, gave her canned pitch and quickly left the building.

The undercard was filled with folks who had nowhere else to be, but sorry, that’s not why. Got out of bed in the morning. I wanted to feel energized, feel the blue wave...instead i left feeling deflated and defeated. Don’t get me wrong, all races count, but the names are what get folks to the polls, get them excited.

Topping it all off, the crowd was woeful. I’d guess 300, but that may be generous on my part. That’s just my take, hopefully others had a better takeaway than me.

6. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I was pleased with the turnout both of the audience and candidates. There are so many functions that candidates must attend that I'm sure conflicts in schedules are common. The amount of people that showed up for an evening gathering in Sun City was very surprising. What was pretty amazing was that I only recognized 4 people.

It was good to hear from all the candidates just to see how poised they were in front of live audiences. The candidates could have addressed more issues that directly impact Sun City residents such as law enforcement, more specifics on medical issues and property taxes. It was surprising that there was no mention of the EPCOR rate case.

Just my take.

Emily Litella likes this.
  7. BPearson

Absolutely the worst thing about last night the room was a whole bunch of old people :p.

8. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

But didn't that make us feel young:)?