Sun City Inspiration

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by gilmark, Jul 7, 2013.

1. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I am an inspirational writer and am happy to have an opportunity to share good thoughts. Today's thoughts:

"Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal." --Pamela Starr

2. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Inspiration for today...

"Always demanding the best of oneself, living with honor, devoting one's talents and gifts to the benefits of others -- these are the measures of success that endure when material things have passed away." --Gerald Ford

3. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Thought for today: "Lower your internal engine until it's a barely perceptible hum...simply idle our mind, letting it rest at last. Ask nothing of yourself except to while away the time, idly letting it wash over you moment by moment by precious, peaceful moment." (Words of Wisdom-Snyder)

Have a great weekend!

4. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Cool gmark. Here's one I have hanging in my home office where I hang a lot:
    "Harmony is not found in the mere absence of noise, but rather in the stillness of the soul."
    Li Ping

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is inspirational or not, but I like it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel.....because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter"

6. Fiona

Fiona New Member

My favorite but I can't find the exact quote online...."To know what you like, rather than allow others to dictate what you should like, is to have kept your soul alive. I think Stephens...not sure but I do love this one.

7. gilmark

gilmark New Member

"Forgiving is the act of admitting we are like other people." --Christina Baldwin
    Also like the saying, "Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."
    Have you found peace after forgiving someone, including yourself?

8. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. -Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobel laureate (1875-1965)

9. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Thanks for all the great inspirational comments! Keep them coming!

For today: "Imagine: Imagine things being different. Imagine a little less struggle and a lot more joy. Imagine yourself living every moment out of love instead of fear." (Words of Wisdom for Women (and Men) by Rachel Synder.)

Have a great day!

10. gilmark

gilmark New Member

A dose of inspiration for today: "It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis. (Margaret Bonano).
    Do you know people who "wish away today" and are like Annie "Tomorrow, tomorrow--I love yo tomorrow?"There is no time like the present (said to be the gift). Happy HumpDay!

11. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Thinking about how it is to be a caretaker:
    "Before you can caretake others, take care to take care of yourself. Take care of your arms so you can lift another up. Take care of your own heart so you can inspire another to open his or hers. Take care of your mind so you remain a clear and focused guide. Only then are you read to caretake an elder, an infant, and invalid." (Rachel Snyder "Words of Wisdom for Women")

12. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Agree ! ! My Daddy lived with me for the last 5 years of his life.. I was his sole-caregiver. Thank Goodness for some of his VA Benefits as they provided a day care a few days a week - -so I could also go to work. The Senior Centers were a blessing to us also !
    One of my favorite sayings are: "Positive People Make Positive Things Happen". :sneakiness:

13. Fiona

Fiona New Member

How wonderful you were able to stay with your dad. I took care of my mom for 12 years and the last 3 were the hardest. She died peacefully at home but I could not have done this without the hospice group we had. They had angel wings. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is taking care of a family member 24/7.

14. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

You know Fiona - - it is a tough call to care for a parent ! ! But oh, my ! ! how fulfilling. Daddy died 15 years ago -- he would have 101 yrs. old now...My Mom passed-away with classic Alzheimer's 19 yrs. ago. If I had to care for my father again - I would do it. It was rough during that time in my life -- I also had young sons to care for ... a handful...but, I did it and am thankful that I was able.
    My Dad had Sugar Diabetes, an artificial leg & dementia.

You were a blessing to your Mom, Fiona !! -
    Hospice also was called in for my mother....they are a great service with very caring people - -yes, angels !

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  15. gilmark

gilmark New Member

What kind of inspiration do we need to keep Sun City vital?

16. suncityjack

Just a quick note re: term "caretaker." I pretty much prefer "caregiver" for dealing with people rather than things like properties and lawns and such. I think caregiver is more common now, but not sure when it shifted....

17. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I remember using the word caregiver in the mid 80s, not sure when we started it. I don't ever remember using the single word caretaker. In the 70s we would say the phrase family is taking care of or caring for the patient. Longer phrase, but that's how I remember it. Caregiver is common now.

18. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Caregiver is common now. I agree with both Cynthia & SCJack

We are blessed if we can be one - - - and - - -we are blessed if we have one when we need care.

:love_heart:

19. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I agree with SCJack about the term Caretaker ... where did that come from anyway. But it was pretty effective in the quote -- one has to take care of themself.

20. suncityjack

Indeed! Can't be of much help if you're dragging on the ground. Your thought-provoking quote and the discussion prompts me to believe we maybe should lift out this caregiver idea and start a dedicated thread or forum, but first I'll check to see if there is one already that I missed, so move up to the search button and see....

P.S. Nothing came up with the search so away I go to the "Lifestyles" section and then the sub-category of "Medical and Health" to begin a new thread....

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013