Sun City Foundation Highlights

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Happy Hippie, Jun 8, 2024.

1. Happy Hippie

Happy Hippie Active Member

Since they do not publish the minutes of their meetings or their financial reports (which are required to be public by the IRS for 501(c)3 organizations ...........needs to be addressed/reported

I can attest to at least a degree of confidentiality. general population would probably like to know that their private financial information is not exactly safe with SCF. Well Bill maybe no one gives a shit who I am, but I would bet they care who they are.

their application process is very rigid and too extensive for the amount of money the Foundation disperses.......speaks volumes

At one meeting, I heard some on the Foundation Board say some disparaging words about the applicants such as, "Many just spent all their money instead of saving." board members think poor people are not responsible

"A lot of people know how to work the system.".............Board thinks poor people are underhanded and sneaky

The application says that the person seeking assistance needs to be 67 years old, but they will make exceptions. However, it was said. "We don't want that information to get out there.".........Lets discriminate against a certain age group

For a philanthropic organization, those don't seem to be very charitable comments. .......Really????

"As you can see, we are in good shape." One Director joked, "Let's have a party!" .........Woo Hoo!! We held back so Let's Party!!!!! -----Kevin Bacon

32 people received $350 of gift cards from the Santas for Senior project.
    Four other people were approved.
    One died and the other three weren't home when the Foundation tried, on more than one occasion, to delivere the cards.
    My thoughts were, "Can't you call or email them to set up a time to either deliver them or pick them up at the Corporate Office? Maybe even use certified mail to get them to the recipient?"
    The extra $1800.00 of gift cards were put into the safe for next Christmas. Again, couldn't the recipients get $500 or maybe give them some at Easter or Thanksgiving time. Nope!
    ..........SCF does not give a damn about the "below poverty level income folks"

Sun City.......A great place to live!

Janet Curry likes this.
  2. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

3. Happy Hippie

I am assuming you did not read my response to your last post about my unkind remarks. This makes me very angry, and this will be brought to the attention of the public.

4. Happy Hippie

Shis should not be happening. Making fun of people less fortunate people is a disgrace. After the hell I went thru trying to get help at the beginning of the year, Pearson making light of my situation saying no one gives a shit about me I find out that they are not discreet, and not do the Foundation members think we are worthy.

5. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

I did. Not sure what you are upset about. Seems like I agreed with you.

6. Happy Hippie

Janet, you are a smart lady, not sure why you don't get how serious this is and the hell I went thru for $500. I gave up. You regularly call me out for things I say however not others. (Dave) It's not about agreeing with me, YOU pointed all this out. Now it's time for some action. Reading the info re the stupid fan issue and Duffeeland this am makes me think it's time to expose the whole damn board. This place is run like a 5th grade version of "The dead Poets Society"

Janet Curry likes this.
  7. John Fast

John Fast Well-Known Member

I think it is very rude and trashy if the comments above were made by people with decision making authority. They should be disciplined. As far as vetting the candidates for the Foundation, it should fair and caring. One long time member related to me the story of a member who applied and had $300,000 in the bank. This member did not want to spend her own money on fees. I know this is a rare exception but cynical people jump all over it and wrongfully claim the whole system is corrupt. I am encouraged people with foundation knowledge like yourselves are involved in trying to make the Foundation more effective.

8. Happy Hippie

That is a bunch of BS and you know it. I have written conversations with Bill regarding my uncertainty about the confidentiality aspect, and now I learn from Janet what is really happening and being said. Yes I am angry, not only about this but other things involving the board members and RCSC employees. It's time. I just spent 3 months trying to get help/info from RCSC office regarding several things for my neighbor. I might as well have tried to pull a hen's teeth. Enough! Maybe people will not care, which is what I think, but at least they will be aware now.

9. Happy Hippie

Janet Curry likes this.
  10. Happy Hippie

Adding info that should be on this thread:

Links don't work
    2022 1099 EZ (emphasis on EZ) not complete.

2009 - 2022
    990 Forms as PDFs for The Sun City Foundation
    Tap Year to open.
    2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009

Available:https://www.instrumentl.com/990-report/sun-city-foundation

***Most recent filing completed is 2022, 2023 won’t be available for awhile, understandably!

None of your links work.

Why obviously? Doesn't appear they do much. Checks in the safe. 32 whole gift card issues!!!!! Wow! A tax accountant's filing nightmare! Now I understand why it has taken 2 years. Especially with the bulk of the money in the safe! Did they lose the combination?

Do you know why it's called a 990 EZ form? Here is some help for you.

https://www.tax990.com/form-990-vs-...90 is for tax,total assets less than $500,000.

11. Happy Hippie

Appears you can find all info on internet.

12. Happy Hippie

This needs to be front and center in case residents log on.