Sun City Express Airport Shuttle

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Schaumburger1, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Schaumburger1

Schaumburger1 New Member

Hello all,

I will be visiting Sun City in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any experience using the Sun City Express airport shuttle? I would like to take it from the airport to the Budget Car Rental facility inside of Fry's at 10660 Grand Ave. to pick up my rental car. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Looking forward to being in warmer weather and some sunshine...the weather in Chicago has not been the greatest in the past week.

2. fixj

fixj Active Member

I use Uber to/ from PHX several times per month.
    Usually below $35. However late night the fares can go up. Stopped using the vans several years ago. Too much waiting and too many stops.
    My average wait for Uber at terminal 2 is 5-7 minutes. My average wait in SC is about the same.

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

We've used Sun City Express for over 20 years and are very satisfied with their service. We had used Super Shuttle for a bit (when SC Express' vehicles were getting a bit dated) but SS seemed to pick up and deliver people all over the valley and we nearly missed two flights en route to the airport. Sun City Express has increased their fleet of vehicles and the drivers are very courteous. I'd recommend highly. We have never used Uber in this area.

4. Schaumburger1

Schaumburger1 New Member

Thank you for the information about Uber. I'm flying on American, and according to Sky Harbor Airport's web site, American uses terminal 4. And in terminal 4, the ride sharing areas are on level 1. Are the ride sharing pickup areas well marked at Sky Harbor?

5. Schaumburger1

Schaumburger1 New Member

Thank you for the information.

6. fixj

fixj Active Member

They are well marked, also Uber will provide directions when you confirm. However I recommend confirming when you locate Ride Share. One small problem is that cars in AZ have no front license plates. You will have to get used to looking at rear plates to find your ride.
    You are smart renting your car in SC. PHX car rental taxes are ridiculous.

7. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Sun City Express is classified as a "Prearranged Vehicle" so you would look for that sign near the luggage claim area.