SC Libraries

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by pegmih, Mar 16, 2020.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I just received a notice that all Maricopa County Libraries will be closed effective today, March 16, 2020.
    That includes the 2 libraries in Sun City.
    Now I am glad I picked up my books on Saturday in anticipation of this happening.

SC is now in the process of figuring out what to do.
    I suspect they will close places just like SCW.

From what I read last night, the governor of California has put everyone age 65 and older on quarantine.
    That would surely put a crimp in the lives of people in Sun City.
    BTW. Does quarantine mean you CAN'T go out or SHOULDN'T go out.

FYI. The Rightway Pharmacy in LaRonde Center has FREE delivery.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Interesting on the library closing peg. Staying home obviously limits your activities. TV gets boring after a while, good books can get you through the summer. Anyone in Sun City that is looking for great reading materials is welcome to contact me via the pm feature on this site. I have about twenty series by a variety of authors and would be more than willing to share them. You can pick them up or i may consider delivering them if you can't get out.

Emily Litella likes this.
  3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

The notice arrived today that the book drop at Fairway is closed until notified otherwise. I'm pretty sure because of the barricades around Fairway to keep everyone off the property. The drive up book drop at the Bell Library is apparently still open. You can hold on to all library materials until the libraries are again open if you want.

4. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

The "Pearson" library is still open as long as you notify me ahead of time, only come in groups of two or less and are willing to stay 6 feet away.

5. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

A big word of praise and thank you goes out to the Sun City Library Staff and the RCSC employees that aided in directing traffic & handing out library items at Bell. You'd think there was a line of cars to get cash prizes! The temps were hot but everyone had patience while waiting in line. There must have been 20 cars at noon but it was well worth the wait. Thank you, thank you!!!

Note: Fairway & Bell reserved items can be picked up Mon-Wed-Fri from 10 - 2:00. You must have your library card or know the number.

6. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

It seems that they are not using library volunteers because this is the first I have heard about this.