San Francisco

Discussion in 'The Travel Forum' started by Ken, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Ken

Ken Administrator

One of the best trips we ever took was in San Fransisco. Went to Napa Valley, Fisherman's Warf, great restaurants and shows!

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
  2. bmac007

bmac007 Member

Went to San Francisco for my honeymoon.. went to Napa.. went down route 1 to Monteray and Carmel.. Simply awesome... Played pebble beach.... incredible...

3. CopperLady

CopperLady New Member

That is a beautiful part of California. I would go back in a minute. Next I want to go to San Diego. I have never been but heard it is a great vacation spot.

4. bmac007

bmac007 Member

San Diego is real nice.. I like San Francisco better if I had to choose but still both are cool places.... Make sure to go to monterey and carmel if your driving from one city to another...

5. LAPPY50

LAPPY50 Super Moderator

Just got back from the San Diego Area. Shelter Island Marina is a real nice place to stay. It was close to downtown yet minutes south of Carlsbad and La Jolla!

6. Ironman

Ironman New Member

My favorite city in the USA with all the traveling I did without a doubt. Many great places to eat. Little Italy has Basta Pasta & Cafe Sport if they are still there. Reasonable and good food. Cafe Sport is different if you want to have fun with someone you are taking to dinner. They give you a menu and the person looks and orders what they want but then they steer the customer to what they have as the specials that night and limit you in a fun way. I know my friends did this to me once!!

7. Ironman

Ironman New Member

Also, the best Irish Coffees in the country at the Buena Vista!! They make their own thick cream for the coffee. Not far off of Fisherman's Warf.

8. bmac007

bmac007 Member

I'll have to try that out... one of the best Italian restaurants I ate in San Fran years ago but can't remember the name.. I will have to ask my wife to pass it along...