RCSC Long Range Planning Committee......really?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by aggie, Jan 1, 2018.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

We get the Independent delivered early in the week. Buried in the paper is a small article that the Vintage Vehicle Club has found a new home in the recently vacated building behind Lakeview Lanes on 105th Avenue. It did not state that this is a temporary home for this club which I hope is the real story. The Grand Avenue ad hoc long range planning committee spent MANY HOURS interviewing and pouring over plans for that site which included many appeals from the Vintage Vehicle Club. They were granted space which was approved by the BOD. Did I miss a motion somewhere at one of the Board Meetings? Is this article in error?

EDITED: Yup.....the Independent article was lacking the information that the VVC move to this vacated building behind Lakeview Lanes is just temporary. I apologize for jumping the gun but this is information that should have first come from the RCSC at either the BOD Exchange or BOD meeting in December which are both available to watch on YouTube.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. GCotten

GCotten Member

I think the intent of the 105th building is as a temporary home for the Vintage Vehicle Club.... but for how long. Smart move by the RCSC Board and Management as it solves a long running PR problem plus it takes the pressure off of having to dedicate more major bucks to the Grand Avenue building after just recently approving a $3 million renovation. I am sure the Vintage Vehicle Club won't mind spending 7 to 10 years in a "temporary" location regardless of any short term intentions.

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I remember a board member saying they had other ideas for the Vintage Vehicle Club and someone asked.. what are those ideas? I don't remember hearing an answer but this must have been what they meant.