Quiet

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by J_and_V, Aug 12, 2015.

1. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

What's going on?

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

In case you missed the newspaper notice,
    The East parking lot (by library and Visitor Center) is being repaved
    from August 16-22.

You will have to park in another lot farther away.

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

BTW. I am never Quiet.

Parking lots in all rec centers are being repaved and marked.

Sun Dial has been done is quite nice.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

For anyone new to SC, be sure to get a library card at Bell Library.
    It is free and entitles you to use of library computers.

Also, you can order books over the internet. I do it all the time.
    You are advised via email when your book/s are ready and also when they are due.
    It's a wonderful service.

5. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

You know that old saying..."the dog days of summer," is as much a reality here as it is back on your own home front. We've lived with the heat of summer, but it does start to get old and it becomes a drag on those of us living in Sun City. And as much as we all love the quiet of the streets and the stores, life is better when the weather cools down and the folks start flocking back.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

6. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

SNAP OUT OF IT - if I don't have posts to read I have to concentrate on work - booooooo

Today is Thursday, STAFF MEETING, yuck

7. 3rdGen

3rdGen Member

Went to dump some papers behind the old Safeway @ 107th & Peoria, Nice to see someone
    is feeding the Pigeons :eek:ffended:

8. BPearson

It doesn't get any more exciting than that 3G...watching someone feeding the pigeons...sounds more like Central Park.

And what the hell is a "staff meeting" V? Goodness it's great to be retired.

9. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Sometimes referred to as "staph" meeting, the gathering of minions to forcibly sit through the incoherent babbling of a manager (see - frontal lobotomy patient).

AKA - the 10th Circle of Hell.

10. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

The only staff meeting I have is with the hummingbirds and quail in my back yard. Oh, we do have a daily meeting regarding where we will go to lunch!

Not a good week as we had to have our cat of 15 years euthanized. What a hole that leaves in your daily life.

We've been trying to keep busy by going to the gym, library and to the movies. The new Mission Impossible is very good by the way. The theaters near 99th and Northern are rarely crowded during daytime on weekdays with only about 10-20 people in the seats. Almost like a private showing.

We've also been recycling electronics at Best Buy. We've made 3 trips so far and have another to go. They take almost anything from computer accessories, tv accessories, cords and VCRs to old telephones. They say it's 3 items per household per day but have accepted much more......and it's no charge!

So....we've been quiet but active.

11. J_and_V

J_and_V Member

Aggie,
    So sorry for the loss of your cat. I understand how difficult making that decision is, as well as the void that is left in the family.

12. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Thank you J & V. I also want to say that Dr. Ashford at the Sun City Animal Hospital has been such a good vet over the years. She showed such understanding and compassion through this sad time.

13. BPearson

Always tough to lose one of the family A. Condolences.

14. Mullet

Mullet Member

Sorry aggie.

15. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the kind words.

16. 3rdGen

3rdGen Member

My deepest and most sincere condolences, Aggie.