Questions Regarding Royal Oaks

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by aggie, May 9, 2020.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any reliable information regarding Royal Oaks? It was earlier stated on this forum that there were COVID 19 cases at Royal Oaks. If you go to their website they claim that there have been no cases and the facility is 100% COVID 19 free. Which is it? Maybe when Ducey requires nursing home reporting we'll get the answer.

Royal Oaks' website also states that the facility is on complete lockdown. Does that mean that all residents(even those in independent living) never leave the grounds? No doctor or hospital appointments? No golfing at RCSC courses? They can't leave to visit out of area family? Or, does this lockdown just cover the assisted living and nursing occupants?

Second topic is regarding their new expansion. Royal Oaks(People of Faith a 501c3) bought a couple chunks of property and are now constructing Royal Oaks "Inspirata". This new development will have 156 units of upscale residences. Will Royal Oaks have to pay RCSC per unit for these new units? This should be no different than in the past so perhaps someone from the RCSC BOD can respond.

2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Checked back in at the Royal Oaks website since we've seen no replies posted. In re-reading the statement regarding COVID 19 cases, they state that as of May 1st the facility is 100% COVID 19 free. So, maybe I read it wrong previously but as stated it doesn't mean that they haven't had cases prior to May 1st. I also find it hard to believe that those in the independent living single family residences are restricted to the Royal Oaks campus.

3. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

I've heard nothing but then my grape vine is pretty short these days.

4. Say What

Say What Active Member

Nationwide they're lying and withholding numbers Trump's orders.

5. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Remember, it is not what you do that screws you, it is the cover-up.

aggie likes this.
  6. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Well the facility names were released yesterday for COVID 19 cases in Arizona nursing homes. This is so deceptive. Do you know how many "long term care" facilities were required to report in Sun City??? ONE! Only Boswell Rehab on Santa Fe qualifies as a "nursing home". There are two in Youngtown and I think 2 in Sun City West. So misleading when there are so many care facilities that slip into the cracks with the narrow definition of "nursing home".

7. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Again, this is what it means to live in a post-truth world.