Possible Covid-19 Exposure

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Say What, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Say What

Say What Active Member

Possible COVID-19 Exposure at Board Meeting on Thursday 10/28
    RCSC Cardholders who attended the RCSC Board of Directors Meeting on Thursday, October 28, 2021 are advised that someone in attendance has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19. You should self-monitor for any symptoms over the next several weeks and take precautions as necessary.

As a reminder, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Arizona Department of Health Services have established the following guidelines if you have been exposed to someone infected with the virus.

If you are fully vaccinated and you’ve been around someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19, you should be tested 3–5 days after exposure and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until you receive a negative test result.

If not fully vaccinated:
    • Stay home until 14 days after last exposure and maintain physical distance (at least 6 feet) from others at all times
    • Self-monitor for symptoms
      • Check temperature twice a day
      • Watch for COVID-19 symptoms
    • Avoid contact with people at higher risk for severe illness (unless they live in the same home and had the same exposure)
    For further guidance, please consult the Arizona Department of Health Services website which addresses Isolation and Quarantine Guidance.

Your continued attention and diligence regarding this matter is much appreciated

2. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Well-Known Member

3. SCR

SCR Active Member

So, this is the second time we are being told of a possible exposure.

if I’m not mistaken, the CDC still recommends masks in indoor situations.

The board should insist on masks at meetings including the board.

carptrash likes this.
  4. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree!! The board MUST implement immediately before Monday’s Candidate Forum!! I will send a few emails out ASAP… oh, yes, Hoffer chairs the Election Committee!

FROM THE CDC:
    HIGH TRANSMISSION

In Maricopa County, Arizona, community transmission is High Transmission.

Everyone should wear a mask in public indoor settings.

Mask requirements might vary from place to place. Make sure you follow local laws, rules, regulations or guidance.
    October 30, 2021

…To reduce the risk of becoming infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) including the Delta variant, and potentially spreading it to others, CDC recommends that fully vaccinated people:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

carptrash likes this.
  5. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

This was a troubling email for me. I have no interest in getting into a political discussion about masks, covid19 or vaccines. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, no matter how wrong they are. Ultimately i am responsible for the choices i make. With that said, it is clear not everyone shares that obligation regarding others. That is too bad; for all of us. We should be coming out of this in a wholly different place; but clearly we are not.

What is troubling is how little detail was in the email. Nope, not talking about naming names, but was it an employee or a member from the crowd? Was it someone on the stage or at the management table? Was it someone sitting on the right side of the aisle or the left? Not that it would make that much difference, if you were there and start to have symptoms, get tested.

The bigger issue goes to a question i think aggie asked way back when; will the RCSC mandate vaccines for all their employees? If memory serves me, one of Karen's issues was the RCSC opening sooner than they did to guests and the gm arguing they needed to give their employees a chance to get vaccinated. All of which begs the question; are all RCSC employees vaccinated?

I already know the answer and it is challenging for me to understand why they haven't been. I get it, personal choice and all that, but they are working in and with a senior population. They/we have a higher risk potential. That's not science, that is simply what the data shows. If you (the RCSC) are allowing non-vaccinated employees to be working at RCSC amenities you are endangering all of us. That is simply wrong.

6. fixj

fixj Active Member

Covid deaths to date.

AZ. 21,153
    WA. 8,686

equal populations

7. Say What

Say What Active Member

I can assure everyone here that I know at least 10 people that are RCSC employees not vaccinated and refuse to do it and a handful are management and half of the others are face to face with members for their full shifts both day and night.

carptrash and BPearson like this.
  8. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

I agree about getting into a political discussion about this but since many seem to want to express their opinion, please allow me too do the same!

First of all, here we all are bitch'n about how the RCSC board is acting like a bunch of dictators and us Members can't do much about it, and now many want the board to dictate and mandate vaccines and or masks!?!?!?

Second, I'm done with this Covid crap! I'm in my 70's had my shots, and am at piece with the Lord, had a good Life, and if its my time...take me! The Country's going to hell anyway!

Third, I bet 95% of the masks people are wearing ain't worth a crap. Everybody wants to wear "designer" masks made out of crap material and that's suppose to prevent you from getting or spreading the virus. I've seen masks made out of fishnet material with sparkles and pearls! Yeah, that'll work!

Now they're saying even if you've had the shots you can still get it and still pass it!

Bottom line... do what you think is RIGHT FOR YOU but don't drag me into your world. If you have concerns then stay home. Don't make me change my way of life just because it doesn't agree with your way of life!

Take me Lord! If the Covid don't kill me then I'm sure some illegal alien with some other deadly communicable disease probably will! They're coming to a neighborhood near YOU!

9. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

And therein the reason i won't go back to the gym or most other places with RCSC employees.

eyesopen likes this.
  10. Cheri Marchio

Cheri Marchio Active Member

aggie, eyesopen and BPearson like this.
  11. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

What's worse is that Maricopa County's Death total alone is 12,230.

12. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I look at everyone unmasked as if they are unvaccinated and possible spreaders. I have taken a few more steps toward doing activities because I've received both Pfizer doses and the booster. Not confident that these will be total protection but feel that this will most likely keep me from ending up on a ventilator with long term effects of a COVID infection. Can't stop living altogether but smart enough to take the precautions available. We continue to mask when in close contact or in rooms with poor ventilation.

Can't the BOD make a request to management to require masks for unvaccinated employees if they are in contact with members or the public that use our facilities?

Cheri Marchio likes this.
  13. SCR

SCR Active Member

eyesopen likes this.
  14. SCR

SCR Active Member

FYI - The mask, as well as protecting you (even though you have been fully vaccinated with booster, you can still get Covid with NO symptoms).
    As you suggested, if you have Covid with No symptoms, you can spread it by not wearing a mask. By not wearing a mask indoors, you are being very selfish and saying
    to everyone around you that you don't care if they get Covid because you didn't wear a mask.

Glad I wear my mask indoors. As far as being political, just because the CDC says to wear a mask indoors how is that political?

People have to get a grip and think about their actions and how they affect others.

Unfortunately this is a ME, ME, I, I, ME, I world we live in. Screw everyone else. It's all about ME.

carptrash and eyesopen like this.
  15. jeb

jeb Active Member

I'm not 70+ yet, but agree with FYI's sediment: I've had a good life. It will end the exact moment it's supposed too - not one second earlier nor later. I'm not afraid of death. 2 years of this pandemic, hundreds of years of other data, and I still haven't seen definitive evidence masks do more good than harm. I'm not in favor of mandates that put other peoples health at risk just to protect mine. I live in a beautiful area of the country where I can spend virtually all my time outdoors, over 3 feet away from other people. I will not be going to the Candidate Forums now. Just my opinion.

16. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

Encouraged the board is thinking of the MEMBERS. Hope that mindset will extend into all their decisions!

Email reply when thanking Hoffer & board for their decision:
    “Absolutely no problem, Chris!”
    Rich Hoffer | Board Director

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  17. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Well-Known Member

Please don't let this "small" thing about putting a mask on your face keep you away from the Forums. There is no guarantee that the livestream is going to work. You and FYI and others who have said they won't wear masks again are so important to our Truth and Transparency campaign!!

eyesopen likes this.
  18. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Like a couple of others here, I've lived a good life for over 70 years, though have hit some speed bumps in the Road of Life, but I am not afraid of death. That doesn't mean that I am going to go out and practice putting in the middle of Grand Avenue. Or go to BoD meetings. But I must admit that I am a little disturbed by the "I will insist on my rights even if it kills you" folks. Part of the ever growing Grand Canyon separating Americans from each other.

eyesopen likes this.
  19. jeb

jeb Active Member

"disturbed by the "I will insist on my rights even if it kills you" folks."

These are assumptions to both the efficacy of masks and the intentions/motivations/beliefs of others.

"ever growing Grand Canyon separating Americans from each other." I agree with that. For my part, I'm trying to not assume others' reasons or make a judgement that they are somehow 'wrong'. I respect your beliefs. And if anyone that can respect mine wants to sit down and talk - I'd be more than happy too. As long as it's outdoors :)

eyesopen and OneDayAtATime like this.
  20. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

This Covid is nasty business regardless of what beliefs others might have. If someone said that wearing Mickey Mouse ears would help. I'd do it.

eyesopen likes this.