Pizza joint

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by SCR, Jan 24, 2022.

1. SCR

SCR Active Member

Anybody gat a recommendation on a good pizza place in Sun City locality?

I just tried Father Salduccis on 111th Ave next to the Ace Hardware.

Apparently a new business. Very clean and looks new.
    Someone showed me a circular with coupons for Salduccis so I thought I would give it a try.

I ordered fries to go and they were very good and more than enough for 1 person.

Pizza sizes are 8, 12, 14, and 16 inches. Prices seem reasonable to me.

I plan on returning and trying their pizza. Will post back when I’ve tried the pizza and/or a calzone.

2. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

The Rec on

20340 N Lake Pleasant Rd Peoria, AZ 85382

3 miles from home is Mo-town Magic!

Until recently, I didn't even know that Detroit pizza was a thing, but it sure is and I'm a convert. When I first heard about it people told me it originated when motor oil pans were found to work as pizza pans, which is probably just an urban legend, but it got my curiosity up and then when people told me it was just Chicago pan pizza with the sauce and the cheese layers reversed, my interest waned since I prefer thin crust Naples/NY style. But I had to find out so although the veggie options and unique styles like one with fried onions were tempting, I ordered their basic Detroiter which has cheese, red sauce, and pepperoni and I was expecting a ho-hum bread crust, but I'm so glad I was wrong. The textured dough resembled ciabatta and the caramelized cheesy sides were to die for. Luncheon specials too.

3. fixj

fixj Active Member

Paulie’s Bite of Italy makes a great thin crust veggie pizza.

During the pandemic I learned to make my own pizza, baking outside, on the grill using a pizza stone.