Peoria's our neighbor, so....

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by suncityjack, Aug 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Why not throw in your two cents for their future plans? I received the following email:
    "Provide Your Feedback, Help Shape Peoria's Future
    Shaping Peoria's future starts with residents. The addition of new trails, land development, open space preservation and urban redevelopment are just a few of the things being presented for public feedback in the city's general plan update. On July 18, this year's round of proposed changes to the general plan were released to the public. Peoria residents are encouraged to review the changes and provide feedback before Sept. 16.
    Residents can view the changes and provide comments at www.peoriaaz.gov/planning.
    These 2019 amendments then will move forward to public hearings before the Planning and Zoning Commission in October with final city council action scheduled in November 2019. When completed, the revised Peoria General Plan 2040 will be placed on the fall 2020 ballot for voter consideration."
    Although the above states Peoria residents, the form did not ask for a zip code or state anything discouraging others from participating, so I filled it out with my suggestions esp. re: P83 area, the POGO circulator, etc., and hopefully you will too....

2. suncityjack

I really like that park too, esp. since it's dog friendly. There are so many interesting places around here. It's also good to just hop on one of the Valley Metro buses (all day passes for 65+are only $2 and that includes light rail) and see where it takes you. People often say they notice more when they don't have to pay attention to driving and can just look out the window and hop off when something looks interesting.

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I try to keep up on local news by reading online all the newspapers in our neighboring cities. You can select the newspaper you want to view from this site that publishes the Daily Independent(formerly known as the Daily News-Sun) and our own Sun City Independent. It's always good to know what's going on nearby even if it's only printed once a week. https://yourvalley.net/yourvalley/news/

4. suncityjack

Calling all cyclists and those who may have recommendations for safer cycling!
    [​IMG]
    Peoria Applies to be Named Bicycle Friendly Community
    Peoria has applied to the League of American Bicyclist to be recognized as a Bicycle Friendly Community. Since the creation of the Bicycle Friendly Community Program in 1995 by the League of American Bicyclists, 464 communities have earned the Bicycle Friendly Community distinction and nearly 100 are honorable mention communities. Help the city of Peoria by taking this short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/app_BFC_FA19.

5. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

I wish Peoria were a bit more car friendly. Their road construction is seemingly unending. The city does have some interesting sculpture around the city hall. I think.