One Final Thought...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Sep 13, 2022.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Yesterday was painful; perhaps for all of us. I was really hopeful the new board president meant what she said about having a Kumbaya moment. She seemed real, she seemed interested in us all working together. It's just been slow to germinate (i'm being really freaking kind here).

I listen intently, always have, always will. If you don't know by now, i subscribe to the adage; words matter. When the president sits up front and says we know historically they needed to change things because a handful of members could have destroyed Sun City, she was patently wrong. It's why i confronted her on it.

Our documents provided for safe guards from that happening. Any motions to community documents needed to be followed to make changes. Articles of Incorporation; 30 days, by the members. Bylaws; by either the board or the membership but again with caveats of timely filings. Added to that is the game they are currently playing with motions that are made from the floor at membership meetings are referred back to the board.

Yesterday when she claimed people came in with 300 proxies was going to destroy Sun City, it simply never happened. It's become the the myth that just keeps on giving. What did happen was a lawsuit, which had nothing to do with what she was claiming yesterday, was the outcome.

The second one is more troubling. I heard it twice yesterday; once from the president and once from the general manager. It caused me to throw up in my mouth both times. They each had the audacity to mention the importance of "checks and balances." Blasphemy.

If i told you i have written how the RCSC has destroyed our documents by eliminating the "checks and balances" written into them a 100 times, it would be a gross understatement. It's been my mantra. There was a time when the membership had the ability to hold their elected leaders and subsequently the management team accountable for their actions.

Not these days. What you heard yesterday, and let me make this very clear, was an argument from both management and the president they wanted to maintain their right to do whatever they wanted, the membership be damned. Sun City was built by and for the members. DEVCO worked in concert with us, they helped us create the near perfect structure and piece by piece the past 15 plus years they've stripped us of our rights. Think not? Ask the golfers who can't get on the golf courses because we are selling those tee times to outsiders.

FYI and eyesopen like this.
  2. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

And now, if you want to hold your elected leaders accountable you have to get permission FROM THEM to do so! The fox is watching the henhouse, not to mention a conflict of interest!

And it's not just to hold our leaders accountable, it's for everything! You can't vote to amend the Bylaws unless THEY approve it! You can't get a petition authorized unless THEY approve it! Heck, they won't even allow you to collect petition or proxy signatures on RCSC property even though we paid/pay for those properties thru our annual assessments! Those properties are our private properties. Why else can they only be used by the Members? Our assessment is not equivalent to a gym membership as some may say because we pay that assessment whether or not we even use the facilities!

Linda McIntyre, BPearson and eyesopen like this.