Obamacare video

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Fiona, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Fiona

Fiona New Member

2. gilmark

gilmark New Member

Thanks -- fun video and informative.

3. Fiona

Fiona New Member

You are most welcome gilmark. I thought the cartoons were funny...hope I am still laughing in October hahahah.

4. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

5. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

It actually shows if you will get help with the payments but suggests a cost if you don't get help.

6. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Thank you. Did not see the link. I will go and find out now.

7. Fiona

Fiona New Member

http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/8194.pdf

I found a link that gave me information I was seeking regarding qualifying for subsidies for premiums if anyone is interested. We have assets..real estate, but only enough to provide a little income when other work slows down, which it tends to do. I gather from this brief that assets are not considered any longer for the MAGI base. Am I wrong? I would love to get some input from those who have navigated through ACA and have a better understanding. Does anyone else derive their income from rental incomes and have a good accountant?

Without subsidies our premiums will go from $500 a month to over $1,600 a month which leaves us with very little food lol.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  8. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Ok. After spending much time reading the different web sites and the information we could gather...we think we figured it out. Now we wait until Oct to find out if we were right lol.