Next board meeting motions…in motion!

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by eyesopen, May 18, 2023.

1. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

RCSC Board of Directors Meeting
    This Thursday, May 25th, 2023, 9am
    Sundial

Official Agenda with attachments (29 pages)
    Full packet online HERE

Motions on the official agenda
    (Open to member comments. Signup to speak.)
    Director Jim Rough presenting:

• I move to amend Bylaws Article IV titled Membership Meetings; Section 3 titled Membership Quorum
    • I move to amend Bylaws Article IX titled Initiative, Referendum and Recall Petitions, Section 1 titled Steps to take before circulating a petition, Letter B, Item #2
    • I move to amend Bylaws Article IV titled Membership Meetings; Section 5 titled Voting Procedures at Membership Meetings
    Next Officially Announced Meeting Dates
    • The Exchange, Mon., June 12, 2023, 9am, Sundial
    • Board of Directors, Thurs., June 29, 2023, 9am, Sundial
    • No meetings in July and August
    • Annual Membership Meeting,
      Wed., November 29, 2023, 6:00pm, Sundial

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    Larry, Linda McIntyre and Janet Curry like this.
  2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Very impressive!

3. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

What a difference a year makes eh? This time last year the board was working toward a review committee of the bylaws. You remember, the committee that took our suggestions and twisted them to fit their wants. We/they wasted an enormous amount of time acting like they were following the wishes of the membership when in reality they had their own agenda. Two of the committee members were pretty outspoken (thanks Janet and Patrick) and hammered the process and it's obvious failures.

Now, as we approach the summer break (enough time for two readings though), the new board is embracing the members suggestions from our last membership meeting. Thank you guys, trusting the members should always be the fall-back position of the board. No one living here wants to do the community or the RCSC harm, we simply believe Sun City works best when it is an inclusive process between the board and the members.

4. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

I am very happy to see the quorum for the Annual Membership meeting reduced to 500, including proxies. For those who are opposed to it, how about giving it a chance and once the smaller quorum is met a few times, the Board can consider increasing it gradually? We NEED Members input, and not just from those attending meetings and writing on blogs.In fact, we should be EMBRACING that input. What better way than each Member having a chance to vote?

5. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Perhaps those who oppose it will finally realize they need to attend THEIR Membership Meeting?