Discussion in 'Sun City New Members' started by turnkey26, Jan 7, 2022.

1. turnkey26

turnkey26 Member

New member here. Finally able to join Talk of Sun City. I’m not certain how many of you have been trying to join but it has been a long journey for me. I could not get the CAPTCHA on the sign up page to work for me but after several emails bkpartnerships@gmail.com and talkofsuncity.com@domainsbyproxy.com they got it fixed. So here I am ready to join the conversation.
    I moved to Sun City 5 years ago and basically decided to not get involved with the business of Sun City. You know, just be retired. Then 2021 happened and things were said and done by board members and to board members and that changed everything. I can no longer sit on the sidelines and just be retired. So here I am and ready to get involved, not just on this site but at board meetings and membership meetings.

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Hey turnkey, welcome. Not sure what us going on with the sign-in on the site but thanks for staying tenacious and filling getting through. 2022 will be one hell of a year.

Nia N Maxwell likes this.
  3. turnkey26

turnkey26 Member

Thank you Bill. I actually had a conversation about the signup with you on the phone a few months ago. I thought you were the one running this website, as you are the lead poster. We had quite a lengthy conversation about things that were said about, and done to a particular member of the board. Something I personally heard that could have been interpreted as intimidating about a beloved board member who was unjustly fired. Just introducing myself.

BTW the emails that I used above for contacting the person or persons who run this website were helpful and they responded in a timely manner. At first they said everything was working on their end and asked if I had an AD blocker on my browser. However, I used my 2 computers, 2 different friends computers, a computer at an RCSC facility. I tried Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices. I tried with Safari, Chrome,Firefox and Opera browsers. I tried turning off all security and allowed for Ads, Pop ups, Pictures, Java Script and a host of other things. I say all this because someone else may be out there trying to join the conversation and are not able to sign up. The emails, talkofsuncity.com@domainsbyproxy.com and bkpartnerships@gmail.com may prove useful.

This website is run by 'domains by proxy' and from what I found on Who Is they are in Scottsdale or Tucson with a hosting server in Michigan. I realize that may be useless information for some but may come in handy for someone reading the forums and wanting to join but can't get past the signup page.

Now if they can fix it so I can change my avatar from a ( ? ) I will post my mug online.

4. Carol

Carol Member

When I saw you post I tried to put a picture on my avatar and I lost my name and status. So now no one will know who I am. I do not know how to fix it. Well now that I posted this it has appeared but I changed my status to active member as I do not consider me a new member any more!! It still says new member.

5. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Active Member

Welcome turnkey26! Always good to see when someone gets through the maze. I'm going to copy your post and put it on several Facebook pages: Sun City Advocates; Sun City Chat; Sun City Chitchat and Sun City Residents. One of our other members is the liaison between us and Next Door. I'll have her post your instructions, too. There are a lot of frustrated members who are trying to join. Maybe your advice will help. And, I too, tried to change my avatar and messed up my account. Hope to see you at the Board meeting on Monday, January 10th. I'm One Day at a Time on here and if I knew how to change to my name, you would know me as Jean Totten! I hope you're a member of Sun City Advocates. Email me at jean.totten47@gmail.com to become one.

Nia N Maxwell and eyesopen like this.