New 2021 Addition-Video-Experience Sun City on YouTube

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by OneDayAtATime, Nov 16, 2021.

1. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Active Member

They've updated the video to include the new Grand Rec. Center. Make sure you watch for who is enjoying the archery area!!

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Holy crappola. I didn't even know there was an archery range there. Anybody know where it is? In which building? Do you think the fact they put in an archery range while a board member was serving on the board and now he is featured in the video might be a "conflict of interest?" Sounds like maybe we should get "Columbo" working on this and doing an investigation. I know the Sportsman Club is pretty good size, but are there 50 members who shoot bows and arrows so they actually qualified for dedicated space?

3. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Active Member

I should have said .... it's at 7:10 into the video. Me thiinks this should somehow weave it's way into the Member Comments on Thursday. I agree with Bill...."conflict of interest!!" I took a video of it on my phone in case it suddenly disappears!!

4. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

It's my understanding that he was VERY instrumental in initiating the purchase of the Grand Avenue property in the first place! A monument unto himself?

5. Say What

Say What Active Member

Purple man has his fingers in everything. Of course there's no conflict of interest. Lol

6. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

The archery range is next to the Vintage Vehicle Club space in building 2. Both clubs got some much desired dedicated space and jumped ahead of many of the groups that have long been ahead of them on the Long Range Plan. The archery range was an alternative to the Sportsman's Club wanting a range for firearms practice which was turned down because of liability and way to monitor that activity. Both clubs may have many members but the actual use of the club space is limited by available monitors and available stations for activity. It will be interesting to see the numbers of actual club use and not just a social gathering place.

P.S. There still hasn't been an announcement as to that large vacant space in Building 2.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  7. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Thanks aggie, i have been in the Vintage Vehicle space, didn't even know there was an archery range next to it. I still wonder how many folks use a bow here to qualify for dedicated space? Is it safe to assume there is meeting space for the Sportsman Club along with the archery range? You know what was fascinating was the whole ad hoc long range planning committee Grand Ave project; it was a good thing. Where it breaks down for me is the clubs that ended up with space there have any number of ties to board members (both past and present). I really don't care other than the nonsense regarding Karen McAdam and the whole "conflict of interest" charade we witnessed. I guess it all just depends on who's ox you want to gore.

Apparently there will be an announcement fairly soon as to who gets the dirt in the Vintage Vehicle building. No idea who, as we all wait with baited breath.