Museum open this weekend

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Nov 2, 2019.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

The Del Webb Sun Cities Museum is holding a grand opening of the new addition this weekend; November 2 and 3. The Saturday hours are 9am to 4 pm and the Sunday hours are noon to 4pm.

If you haven't had the experienced the sheer joy of being there, this is your chance.

2. BPearson

Yesterday afternoon was a “members only” opening and it was crazy good. Lots of energy in the room and too many chances to engage people on a whole different level. The museum has always been a fun place to visit, but the experience always stopped after walking out the door.

With the new addition, membership will have a far greater value. There’s been lots of good ideas bantered about and there is already sign up sheets for limited numbers of member event to attend. There’s three scheduled before the end of the year, even though the holidays are so busy.

The bad thing about yesterday was it was too successful. I didn’t get a chance to talk to many of the folks i had wanted to. The members only events will be limited to 25 or 30, so it will be much more intimate. You can find a schedule of events on the museum website. The one i am looking forward to is “Coffee Brake” with Ben and Bill. Really informal and we will run one or two per month depending on their popularity.

Nice! Our history does provide a road map to our future; if only more folks could get their head around that we would be so much better off. Some day eh?

3. sussea

sussea Member

We stopped by around 10:30 this morning. The new room in the back turned out so nice. There were about 8 people there while we were there. We really enjoyed the exhibits. The kitchen is my favorite room.

4. BPearson

Love the kitchen as well sussea; the new pink stove is to die for (that may be a bit over the top). Did you get by there Sunday E?