Mountain View Rec Center Ideas

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Emily Litella, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Emily Litella

Emily Litella Well-Known Member

Deleted.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    Cynthia likes this.
  2. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Hey Emily. where can I find that email to send a suggestion? I didn't get the RCSC email blast. Sounds like time to suggest a steam room. But we need volume to make a dent...put it in your requests please. The added moisture would be good for your dry skin in the desert environment.

Emily Litella likes this.
  3. Jhiggins

Jhiggins New Member

Emily Litella likes this.
  4. Cynthia

Thanks for the email.

5. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Been meaning to jump in on this one E. So most folks don't realize the actual footprint of the Mountainview property is way bigger than it looks. Back when it was built, they made no effort to take advantage of all of the available land. As we consider the rebuild, that need be taken into consideration. I think starting with a blank slate, at least initially, gives us options to utilize every square foot. The challenge now will be as they increase the building sizes, they need meet county codes relative to parking. IMHO, that means looking at every amenity there and deciding if it is land well used.

And that's where it gets dicey. Any existing club faced with losing space will be up in arms. When they rebuilt Fairway, they promised no club would be left behind. It will be interesting to see if that kind of promise will be made this time around.

6. Cynthia

I enjoyed watching the town hall meeting. If they don't build the performing arts place there may be rioting. Good to hear about some other use of the sports money than golf. Many people swim, apparenty. I immediatly bought a new suit. Maybe build a pool in the middle of one of the golf courses. :)