Kudos...at least so far...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Jun 17, 2021.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

While it may seem like we are bashing the RCSC, i like to think of it more as constructive criticism. We've always maintained lots of good things have happened, the point inevitably was it could have been so much better. To do that, engaging the community at large and helping them understand our history and the concept of ownership and self-governance would have set us up to be more focused and involved.

That aside, anyone paying attention to what is happening in Sun City West? Their new GM went in a year or two ago and as things unfolded they found some stuff that has gone sideways; "off the tracks," as the gm stated several times in an open meeting posted on youtube.

It started with one of the card clubs and when they went to file their tax returns they were so profitable the accountant said he wouldn't sign off on it to send it in. Seems their revenue stream had become bloated by virtue of all of the non/members, non-residents coming in from outside Sun City West.

I'm no tax expert but from our history in Sun City, outside revenue has always been a concern because it could/would jeopardize the organization/community's tax status as a not for profit organization established to benefit the members. While it's nice to get revenue from outsiders, the basic concept is those of us living here need be the primary recipients of what we enjoy.

Then it all got murkier when clubs were selling advertisers space/promotions so they could pay for enhancements. To further complicate matters, they started to look at clubs and selling the stuff they made. Seems some of the club members had created almost a business like structure for outside sales where they personally profited. Way beyond my pay grade, but after watching their presentation it was made pretty clear nothing has changed internally other than the clubs kind of did as they pleased and the RCSCW paid no attention and gave them a pass; either intentionally or unintentionally.

Which brings me back to the kudos. Apparently we (the RCSC) has been far more diligent in how our clubs have been managed. That's a good thing. I know the COC committee works hard to keep officers in touch with the right way to do things and the annual training sessions for officers has always been pretty well attended.

Like i said, well done so far gang.