Interesting things nearby

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Fiona, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Fiona

Fiona New Member

We wanted to mention a wonderful place to wander through if you love art and we just had the pleasure of visiting. WHAM Art Association is located in Surprise but has many members who reside in the various Sun Cities. The founder is a Sun City Grand resident and this organization has been a dream of hers for years. This is taken from their flyer, "WHAM's purpose is to support, advance, and promote artistic awareness, participation and expression in all areas of the visual arts where art enriches the lives of our community and to make art apart of the fabric of society.

We were impressed with the dedication to the community this group has. They teach children's classes as well as a class for those suffering from Alz's. There is a wonderful art display you can purchase art through as well as their annual ART WALK this coming Sat. Please stop by to see what good things happen here. 16560 N. Dysart Rd. Surprise Az

2. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Agreed Fiona! It is a nice surprise in Surprise. Their members often exhibit at Birt's Bistro at Benevilla too, which is like a little gallery in its own right, plus you get to eat!
    Birt's Bistro: http://www.benevilla.org/birts.html
    Sign up for Birt's Buzz, their e-mail newsletter of their events. They send it out every two weeks and will show art show info, musical events, etc.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Ohh thank you SCJ! I am always looking for my next good meal lol.

4. Anita Mae

Anita Mae New Member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  5. AnMay2013

AnMay2013 New Member

The Sun City Spanish Class went to the Ranch Market at 67th Ave and Camelback...we will be taking our winter visitors there to shop and to eat! The restaurant has the best ever chicken soup and green chile beef! The rolls are good as is the coffee too! Vamos Ranch Market, si!

6. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

Sounds good! What was special about the chicken soup? Green chile beef? Was it in a burrito or bowl?I have been curious about that Ranch Market since when I bought something at a thrift store, they gave me a recycled bag that happened to be from there. It says, "Pro's Ranch Markets" and lists other locations too, two in TX, two in NM, and a total of 7 in AZ. Their website is www.prosranch.com