Historical Questions for Bill P.

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Riggo, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Riggo

Riggo Member

Bill:

A couple of historical questions that have been gnawing at me:

1. Why did Sun City West Recreation fees go up so much relative to Sun City?

2. Why was John Meeker let go in the middle of the SCW build out? Was this strictly an austerity move or were there other factors? What was the impact to losing his leadership and insights?

Appreciate it!

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Yikes....Sun City West raised their per person assessment to $465 effective 7/1/18. If an additional title holder or associate card is needed it's an additional $465. No wonder nearly half of the membership fees are for one household member. A second title holder(i.e. spouse) or anyone residing in Sun City West(i.e. friend, tenant) cannot be considered "a guest" so can't use facilities or attend events as a guest.

4. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

Isn't that also true of SC? I think I remember reading a resident can't buy a guest card.

5. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that's the same language we have in Sun City Aggie
    That's true, a resident can't buy a guest pass. The difference is they can buy a privilege card for $243 rather than the $465 in SCW.

6. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

It does get a bit confusing. There's the RCSC Member Card, the RCSC Privilege card, a monthly Privilege card available primarily for renters and then the daily guest pass. Guest passes are difficult to monitor because they aren't supposed to be used for local city residents(Peoria, Glendale etc.) or Sun City residents who are avoiding paying for a privilege card. There have been times that RCSC has tried to limit the number of times a guest may use the facilities when signed in for activities such as billiards, swimming and workout rooms. Not sure they have been successful.

7. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

When I have guests, I buy a punch card. What is it called?

8. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

When I have guests, I buy a punch card. What is it called?

"Host Punch Card"