Great News...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, May 30, 2023.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

This just out from the RCSC:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    The Board of Directors for the Recreation Centers of Sun City (RCSC) will engage a specialized recruiting firm to help identify and recruit exceptional, qualified candidates to fill the position of the General Manager at RCSC.

Chatting with a couple of good friends yesterday regarding the hiring of the next general manager and i told them what i wrote. Two potential options; those in the beginning of their career and those towards the tail end. The first comes in hungry and anxious to make his/her mark, the second comes in with tons of experience and willing to get us on the right path. Neither would stay forever and that's a good thing.

Further i commented, if the RCSC was serious about finding the best available, then they make this a national search and not a local one. That's exactly what they have done and i suspect there will be a plethora of applications. Sun City is known internationally and clearly an opportunity for a well qualified candidate to want to be affiliated with.

2. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

What is the salary range for the GM position?

3. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

Based on some past 990's I would suspect upward of $140,000 and probably closer to $160,000 - $180,000 for an experienced one?

4. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Am so proud of this decisions and direction that the board is taking in regards to the search for a qualified candidate with the skills and expertise to lead the RCSC into a new era of cooperative leadership with a strong focus on building a community for the members by the the members. I have such great faith in this board to make every effort to find a solution for the damage that has already been foisted on it.

My hat is off to all of board members who are going to be engaged with this project and I am very excited to see how the future moves forward with this board’s vision for what this community can and will become

FYI likes this.