Generally, what do you view the role of the Board is?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by John Fast, May 19, 2024.

1. John Fast

John Fast Well-Known Member

Yes - I believe so. Shortly thereafter the president took a leave of absence...

Enigma, Linduska and Janet Curry like this.
  2. Happy Hippie

Happy Hippie Active Member

If they were not aware wouldn't that open a whole new can of worms?

Janet Curry likes this.
  3. FYI

FYI Well-Known Member

If they are this confused using Robert's Rules of Order, a very well established authority on parliamentary procedure, how do you suppose they would function without it?

That would be called a "Free-for-All"

Enigma, Linduska and Janet Curry like this.
  4. MEMO
    To: Sir John Fast
    In Re: 5 Annum Declaration

Sire,
    While the unwashed peasantry awaits the Declaration, the work of the Dept. of Reserve Study was completed by the end of Mai, The Committee of Revenue and Dispersion has not been awarded the honor of Contemplation of said document.
    Forsooth, the Committee will be made aware of this document at its planned meeting on Heraldry Day and will be subsequently made known to the masses by town criers and posting on municipal forestry.

The Earl of Duke believes that some of the peasants will disperse information be it truthful or not prior to the leave of the Barons thereby creating unnecessary discord in the Kingdom. Unfortunately the Shire of the Reeve, Bernard Gui, presence has been requested in Iberia for an investigation.

I remain.
    Your most obedient servant,

Geoffrey

Janet Curry likes this.
  5. John Fast

Duke,

Your scribe delivered the message forthwith. This monumental undertaking requires King Solomon's wisdom and DaVinci's vision. Rome was not built in a day and neither shall the renaissance of the oldest community of its type in the New World. Many eyes when joined together in a common vision can impart invaluable wisdom. We humbly and anxiously await the noble efforts of our countrymen of distinction.

Humbly,

Sir Fast, A former member of the royal court

Enigma and Janet Curry like this.
  6. Tom McClain

Tom McClain Member

John, you were on the board of RCSC. So when you ask this question, I wonder if you sat down and read all the documents that have to do with how the board is to operate? So, to me your question makes no sense.

Yet, you resigned before the end of your term, Why? Bill Pearson stayed until his term of office was ended. Why did you not do the same?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
    old and tired likes this.
  7. John Fast

Tom, I resigned because (1) The board majority was not following the rules and this could lead to personal legal liability and (2) the board had fallen back into the pattern of ad hoc personal opinion decisions with dictatorial management. I read and reread every corporate document including title 10 of the Arizona code, the IRS regulations and Roberts Rules of Order. I went even further and read other communities corporate documents. I would be happy to discuss any of the above with you. I also suggested the board have consistent professional orientation. And are you running for the Board? Respectfully, John

Janet Curry likes this.