Farmer's Market starts up again.

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by Fiona, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Fiona

Fiona New Member

October 17th the Sun City Farmer's Market will begin again. Looking forward to the produce and the wonderful pastry treats there. Hope you can make it.

It will be on Thursdays again.

2. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Please give info about when & where
    I look forward to checking it out.

3. Fiona

Fiona New Member

They have not indicated that it will be moved, so I expect it will be at the corner of the Bell Rec Center like last year. I believe it is open from Oct, through May. I am so looking forward to it. We missed meeting you due to not going the last Thursday. Hope to meet you and others this Oct.

4. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

What are the hours of the Market at Bell Rec Center?
    Name some of the produce.

5. Fiona

Fiona New Member

The hours are from 8 a.m to noon. The produce, at least last seasons, consisted of various small farmer's goods such as tomatoes, bell peppers and other things that manage to grow here. I was surprised to see one fellow with apricots and boy they were good. There are also some small bakers that will tempt the most dedicated dieter. Chef Jean has the best French sweets and sandwiches and there is a bagel person, a lavender booth, a person who makes vinegars and jams etc. Oh, not to forget...some of the clubs like the silver club, garden club, ceramics club and last but not least,...(rolling drum) the famous Sun City Clay Club.

6. Fiona

Fiona New Member

You are right about it thinning out. I believe it was windy and chilly those last few days...at least one day being canceled due to the wind. We decided due to the snowbirds fleeing for cooler weather we would not set up that last market. It was fun in the beginning and I hope this year we have more vendors coming in. It is not huge, but it is fun.

7. Fiona

Fiona New Member

That I do not know but will let you know when we find out.

8. archer

archer New Member

We never made it to the market last year but will make a point to check it out this year.

9. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Stop by the Clay Club's booth and say hello. I am usually there.