Does the RCSC have a Master Plan?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by aggie, Jan 18, 2022.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I have read where Sun City West Rec Centers is just finishing up a Master Plan Survey which "is designed to help the RCSCW officials determine the best direction for the association, its facilities and amenities." The survey was available to all members.

It seems our Long Range Planning Committee has tried to get a survey approved so we can find a direction forward but has hit roadblocks time after time. Has anyone from the RCSC reached out to see this survey and see if it can be fitted to our community? Might be a good idea.

2. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

Sun City West Residents invited to participate in Master Plan survey, roundtables
    Excerpt:
    “We are collecting information in two ways. Through a survey you may complete online, and through roundtables you may attend to share your thoughts in person.

All residents are invited to complete this survey online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MasterPlan2022

The survey will open at 8 a.m. Monday, Jan. 3, and close at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 19, so if you want to share your thoughts, please do so before then. All individual comments will remain anonymous, but the information will be used in aggregate by Epic Strategies to map out the Master Plan. Residents who do not have computers may use a computer at the Data Resource Center at the Library (be sure to bring your rec card to use a computer), or may pick up a hard copy of the survey at the Library or the reception desk at R.H. Johnson Administration Offices; hard copies must be returned to either location no later than 3 p.m. Friday, Jan. 14.

The survey will be followed by community round tables. These sessions will all be held on Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2022, but will be held at locations throughout Sun City West to make it as convenient as possible for our membership. Seating is limited, so please reserve your spot early if you want to participate in one of these sessions:
    • 9-10 a.m., Lecture Hall, R.H. Johnson
    • 10:30-11:30, Computer Club Room, Palm Ridge
    • 1-2 p.m., Agave Room, Beardsley
    • 2:30-3:30 p.m. Multicraft Room 5, Kuentz
    Reservations will be taken beginning Monday, Jan. 3. After that date, you may call 623-544-6110 or send your request to email@suncitywest.com. Please include your name, rec card number, and requested time/location. Your reservation is not finalized until staff confirms it . Once all spots are filled, no more reservations will be taken. If you know in advance you will not be able to attend, please call to cancel so we can open the spot for another resident.”

https://suncitywest.com/featured-po...articipate-in-master-plan-survey-roundtables/

3. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Well-Known Member

WOW! What a concept! I hope the Board members that read TOSC, read this!!

4. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

This reminds me off a couple of years ago when i went back on the Long Range Planning Committee. I have been paying attention to Sun City West for years and i pointed out on the RCSCW website they had a comprehensive strategic 5 year plan posted for anyone to see. They detailed everything with data you would never find on the RCSC site. They even were willing to admit golf was going to be an ongoing problem between water and diminishing play. I mentioned it at a LRPC meeting and at least some of the members went and read it.

Shortly after that, they shifted from a long range planning committee to a "space allocation" committee. They invited active participation and involvement with the membership. Now they have evolved even further with the in depth survey. It is simply the difference in a community acting in accordance with Title 33 where they have an obligation to include the members to one under Title 10 where the board and management thinks they are the end all be all.

5. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I wish we could've seen the survey just to stimulate some ideas....
    Yep, this is just the sort of member opinion solicitation and easy participation we lack.

6. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

Email I sent on 01.18.2022 to Sun City RCSC Long Range Committee Director Chairs and RCSC Board President

Subject: LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE SUGGESTION

Greetings, Director Allan Lenefsky and Director Kat Fimmel,

This looks like a great inclusive model for Sun City RCSC and MEMBERS to consider!
    https://suncitywest.com/featured-po...articipate-in-master-plan-survey-roundtables/

What do you think?

Best wishes, (ME!) Member and Cardholder
    cc: Director Dale Lehrer, President

REPLIES:
    One
    Date: January 18, 2022 at 2:12:02 PM MST To: (ME!) Kat Fimmel <kfimmel@suncityaz.org> Cc: Dale Lehrer <dlehrer@suncityaz.org> Subject: Re: LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE SUGGESTION

Thanks for the information.

Allan Lenefsky | Board Secretary
    Recreation Centers of Sun City, Inc.
    10626 W Thunderbird Blvd Sun City AZ 85351
    P: 623-561-4600 E: alenefsky@suncityaz.org
    www.suncityaz.org

Will be interesting to see if the RCSC Long Range Committee pursues…IF the chairs even introduce it! I may send to committee members, too!