COVID Contact Tracing

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by aggie, Oct 12, 2021.

1. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

This is from the Arizona Department of Health Services website:

"If you are exposed to COVID-19:
    Individuals who are contacts to COVID-19 cases are expected to self-quarantine for two weeks after their last exposure to a case. This is because it can take up to 14 days to develop symptoms of COVID-19 after being exposed to the virus. Individuals in quarantine should stay home from work or school, unless they are considered an essential worker. They should self-monitor for symptoms, including checking their temperature for a fever twice daily."

It seems that contact tracing is sorely lacking in Sun City and Arizona for that matter. After the announcement that so many Sun City RCSC Members were exposed to a person "with direct exposure" to COVID at the 9/30 Board Meeting, was anyone notified to self-quarantine? Did the person exposing us get a notice from ADHS to self quarantine and get tested? We were again exposed yesterday and this person didn't seem to use any precautions such as wearing a mask!

Just in general, has anyone been contacted by ADHS over the past 18 months due to contact tracing? I have never talked to anyone that has gotten such a notice which is strange. COVID is not over. Even if you've gotten the vaccine and the booster it's possible to contract the virus. Although the infection may cause a milder case it can be devastating to those with complicating conditions.

Oh....and get your flu shots!

2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

If the person stating that they were in direct contact with someone affected with COVID and had to self isolate for that reason(unable to attend a required meeting)is not being truthful, then that person owes an apology to all those who were NOT now exposed to the COVID virus both 9/30 and 10/11 by this person's attendance and statements at the RCSC Board Meetings.

3. SCR

SCR Active Member

Current CDC guidelines on masks would suggest that masks should have been worn by everyone in attendance at the board meeting.
    Here are the current guidelines;
    • ‘If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.’

I agree however that contact tracing is very lax nation wide. Not just Arizona.

this pandemic has NOT been declared over. I carry a mask with me every where I go and put it on when indoors.
    Doesn’t hurt a bit. Takes less than a minute to put it on. Even less time to take it off.

4. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

The Rest of the Story...I asked why said person would be at the meeting yesterday and was told she had been tested and was negative for covid which then allows her to be out and about.

5. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

6. OneDayAtATime

OneDayAtATime Well-Known Member

Because I was totally confused on the dates Lori Ellingson, Ms. Adkins and Mr. Hofer were throwing back and forth, I sent an email last night to Sue Wilson with a CC to the rest of the Board asking for clarification of whether or not we should get tested. I thought that those folks who watched the video from the meeting yesterday might become alarmed after seeing those segments.

I think that after listening to the YouTube video from yesterday, I finally figured it out: When Lori picked up her packet and saw the 10.6 must attend orientation, she knew she had a conflict. She sent them an email telling them so. Then on Sunday, 10.3, Lori was exposed to Covid. She got herself tested and according to Bill above, her test results came back negative. We were not exposed on the 30th. And she had a negative test in between 10.3 and 10.11. If we are vaccinated, there should be no need for concern.
    That's how I interpreted the situation after listening to the video. I could be wrong. Very confusing!

7. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how the RCSC handles the vaccine mandate for companies when there are more than 100 employees.

8. eyesopen

eyesopen Well-Known Member

Let’s hope RCSC has already taken appropriate action to comply. By doing so, the health of employees and members is a priority and hefty OSHA fines are avoided!

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA),oversees the vaccine mandate as a matter of workplace safety.

It’s businesses protecting customers and other people from having sick employees entering the workplace. So that’s what gives OSHA the jurisdiction.

OSHA can fine companies for not having vaccinated workers. A “serious” violation could result in a fine of $13,653, while “willful or repeated” violations could cost $136,532.

States that operate their own Occupational Safety and Health Plans are required to adopt maximum penalty levels that are at least as effective as Federal OSHA's.

Maybe RCSC is already doing the right thing?

9. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Well, unless there are 2 Chris Herrings in our local area here's a bit of news from the Independent that caught my attention. Apparently Chris Herring is the Chair of the Government Affairs Committee for the Surprise Area Chamber of Commerce and he is advocating OPPOSITION to the mandate for employers to require vaccine or frequent testing of companies that have more than 100 employees. There is no mention of requiring unvaccinated employees to wear a mask indoors. Hmmmm.....not good for our senior communities with so many vulnerable due to age or medical conditions.

AZDHS this morning posted 3 days of results after being down for IT updating. There are 3300+ new Maricopa County cases and 98 deaths statewide reported with 95 of those being in Maricopa County. COVID positivity rate still above 10% so it's no time to let our guard down. Get vaccinated, wear a mask when indoors if distancing or good ventilation is not present and get your flu shot. Please.

10. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Hey aggie, not the same Chris Herring.

11. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Phew. Thank goodness!