Contradition about Fireworks

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by pegmih, Jul 3, 2013.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

It is a crime set off fireworks in Surprise and other West Valley cities. Click on the link for information about fireworks. Did you know documentation about fireworks goes back to the 7th century in China where they were invented?

Isn't it a bit contradictory that fireworks are sold in Surprise and probably other cities but it is a crime to use them there.

Come on cities make up your minds.
    Don't sell fireworks and make it a crime to use them or sell fireworks and don't bans their use.

I do wonder where the people are going to use the fireworks they buy.
    Out in the desert to start a brush fire? In the forest to start a forest fire?
    And the game goes on........

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more Peg. How in the heck do they allow them to be sold and then not to be allowed to set them off. Nope, not arguing about whether they should be banned or not, just the logic of their actions.

And while we are at it, how in the heck did Gov. Brewer come to get rid of all the speed cameras on the freeways? People drive like maniacs out here on the freeway system. When they put the camera's in, it slowed them down. Now that the camera's are gone, they are back to doing 20 miles over. Perhaps the next choice should be to take down the speed signs and just allow whatever.

And finally, is there anything more bizarre than to be walking down the frozen food aisle at Fry's and to see someone with a 45 strapped to their hip leisurely shopping?

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

When I moved here I was warned about the reckless drivers.

They are ALWAYS running yellow lights.

The yellow light at Grand & Del Webb could be a little longer.
    On Monday I was approaching that intersection.
    As soon as I started across the light turned yellow.
    By the time I was half way thru it was already red.

Hey! That would be a good suggestion to the AZ Dept Trans. Yet another project for me.
    I know that on Bell they do regulate the lights according to traffic.

So far I have not seen someone with a 45 at Fry's but I will now keep my eyes open.
    Some of the people driving those skooters are dangerous.