Brew pubs, AZ local beers etc.

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by suncityjack, Feb 26, 2014.

1. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

What are some of your fav brands and spots to get beer on tap?
    One of the closest is Rock Bottom
    http://www.rockbottom.com/locations/arrowhead
    They have a big chalkboard to let you know the upcoming "birthdays" of the beer waiting to be born so you can get the first tastes.

2. suncityjack

Oggi's Glendale, 6681 W. Beardsley Rd, Glendale is a pretty cool place that has their own brews. If you get on their mailing list they will send you info about specials of the week, etc. I haven't tried their gluten free personal size pizzas yet, but intend to. They also offer healthier options like organic marinara sauce, all-natural meat, whole grain personal size pizza, dressings and sauces made from scratch daily. They sometimes offer beer for a buck.

3. suncityjack

A small tasting room on Olive Ave. houses a neat little tasting room called Freak'n. Very limited hrs. and only on Fri, Sat., Sun., but pleasant people and sometimes a food cart. When I went there once there was some delicious ribs cooking in a food truck, so check their website before going. And when you get there, ask for a tour--very informative. http://freaknbrew.com/
    Their main business is selling to restaurants, etc., but they have growlers for sale and periodically offer specials for refills. Some interesting flavors are offered in rotation too, Mole, Pepper, etc. Ask for a flight so you can sample--each is very distinctive.

4. suncityjack

Yes, Uncle Sams for pizza was pretty good. We have lots of good pizza places around and it's fun to compare. I should check to see if there was a pizza thread started before and if not, guess we should start one and continue chatting and comparing styles of pies, etc....