Basis for policy change - Duffyland and Fitness Fans

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by jeb, Jun 9, 2024.

1. jeb

jeb Well-Known Member

Josie and Dave. We all can appreciate that you two enjoy going at each other on every thread on this forum. Any chance I can ask (beg?) both of you to take a break? Please?

Enigma, Janet Curry and eyesopen like this.
  2. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

Well I was not at these meetings at the start, but once the club got started as an idea, before it was an official club, I was at all the exchange meetings and I don't recall hardly any problems at those meetings. Certainly Dottie (RIP) and Tracy did not cause any problems, nor did I. I am curious, were you on the board when it was decided that folks who had user cards (or whatever they were called) could no longer speak at the exchange meetings?

Janet Curry likes this.
  3. Tom McClain

Tom McClain Member

John fast, weren’t you on the board of directors of RCSC? So why didn’t you correct the record on this thread?

4. Happy Hippie

Happy Hippie Active Member

Pardon me if I take offense to someone telling me to stuff my opinion between my thigh folds if they are not hanging too low. The man is an 11 year old nerd disguised as a "grown up". This is a man who thinks:

Rich, while I found your explanations spot on and easily understandable, you must know that a good percentage of our population is obtuse at best and wouldn’t 7nderstand non-profits if Big Bird came down and explained it. They are clamoring for the five year plan and why is it taking so long. You know that this is not like purchasing a five year day planner at Staples and you just fill in the blanks. It covers the deferred maintenance, since we seem to be moving on MV, that project is 2-3 years depending on final drawings and just basic capital expenses. Plus we have to make sure we have the bucks for this.

Then we have the dog club which to me is the like the car club with fur. I spoke with the club president when this first surfaced and learned that while teaching River c how to run in between sticks, the real purpose is for the two legged creatures to hang out and shoot the bull. So what they want is an air conditioned social club house so they can hang out, throw seasonal parties while Ruffy learns to run in circles to catch his/her tail. Just my prediction, if they get this space I guarantee they will come back and ask for more. I feel the same way about a performing arts center, it’s a boondoggle. If we are planning for the next generation, how do we know this is what they want? I’ll answer the question, we think we know, but we don’t know and the biggest problem is we have not realized we don’t know.

Disagree as you will he should not have ANY part of decisions made on behalf of the residents. After the recent findings about Sun City Foundation and how members of the Board and Committees speak about residents I am going to act.

FYI last time I chose to ignore Dave he became more belligerent than ever. The little jerk in high school never evolved.

5. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

I think it is important (opinion) to keep in mind that there are two dog clubs and to the best of my knowledge, Duffeeland DPC has never asked for an indoor anything. The closest that club got to asking for indoor anything was when we requested that not all the shade trees in the park be cut down. Most were. That was not, I understand, a Board decision.

eyesopen and Janet Curry like this.
  6. John Fast

John Fast Well-Known Member

Interpersonal issues aside, I understand the view is that the GM has been using a tank to kill a fly and there is collateral damage. Folks would like to see a kinder gentler more targeted approach to issues involving a very small number of members.

jeb, eyesopen, carptrash and 2 others like this.
  7. Tom Trepanier

Tom Trepanier Well-Known Member

Cameras in problem areas would help. Where a will there be a way!

Janet Curry likes this.
  8. Janet Curry

Janet Curry Well-Known Member

I read someplace, either here or on nextdoor, that someone had something stolen from a golf cart or the cart itself, from the parking lot at Sun Dial. When they requested photos from the security cameras, they were told those cameras are fake so no video was available. Just hearsay though..........

Tom Trepanier, eyesopen and carptrash like this.
  9. Happy Hippie

Ah you are correct grasshopper!! ;)

I probably shouldn't be posting this on social media put perhaps it will help to make much needed change?

From first hand knowledge; woman reported that her husband's golf car was stolen from Sun Dial even though it was locked. So she and her husband went down to the corporate office and asked to see the video from the security cameras.

Now sit down!

They were told those cameras were fakes!!!!!!

FYI, May 14, 2024Report
    #1LikeReply
    Linduska, Mark Yates and Janet Curry like this.

Janet Curry and carptrash like this.
  10. John Fast

This is why there is a security initiative at RCSC.

Janet Curry likes this.
  11. Happy Hippie

Many more things need to be addressed, and I am trying to get some community engagement.

Janet Curry likes this.
  12. John Fast

Over the weekend wrote our GM suggesting a volunteer day where the community would come together to improve the community. No response yet.

carptrash and Janet Curry like this.
  13. carptrash

carptrash Active Member

I have a thought that if one does not hear back from an email in 2 or 3 business days that one will not hear back at all.

Janet Curry likes this.
  14. John Fast

Yes, pretty much what I thought...

Mark Yates and carptrash like this.