Asking For A Friend...

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, May 2, 2021.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Seriously, i am....asking for a friend. Seems only fitting to raise the question, given our friends on the right in Arizona are still trying to count ballots in an election that ended 6 months ago. Nope, not going down that political rabbit hole. That game is over no matter how many q-anon types they hire.

I have always been told the county conducts our (the RCSC's) elections for board members. I don't vote electronically, i always go to Lakeview and cast my ballot. I know the paper ballots are handled by the county who bring in the voting machines.

My question is simple: Who handles the internal ballots collected electronically? The first answer from my lips was the county. Then as we chatted, i became less sure of my answer as the votes are done online and on the RCSC website, not via the county. So, does anyone know who processes the RCSC's online voting? Who tabulates them and when? Nope, not casting any accusations, just curious?

2. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Dang, not a whimper. Maybe know one cares, or worse yet, no one knows.

3. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

Your friend needs to make a specific request to the IT department. As a former Election Day worker I was under the impression that our RCSC IT people had access to the online voting but would only keep track of the number of online votes cast, not the individual candidate counts until voting was closed.