Arizona Art

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by pegmih, Jul 2, 2013.

1. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Arizona has many museums and art Centers. A variety of art fairs and festivals are held throughout the year.

I will get info for art fairs & festivals.

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I wondered about the art club. Anyone here belong to it?

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

4. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I'm sorry we lost our branch of the Heard Museum in Surprise and the West Valley Art Museum on Avenue of the Arts, but WVAM has been allowed to mount exhibits in Peoria's City Hall and they are really nice, so check out the latest one. BTW, the building and grounds are wonderful too. A little cafe on the ground floor is also worth a visit. The grounds include a xericscape garden, sculpture, and it's pleasant to walk over to the public library.
    West Valley Art Museum Hosting Special Exhibit
    Now through August 15, the West Valley Art Museum is hosting a special exhibit of drawings and pencil art works. Titled, GET THE LEAD OUT!, the exhibit is showcasing 100 years of works featuring Arizona artist including Tracy Farrand, Elliott Everson, Hank Richter, Henry Varnum Poor, George Resler and selections from the WVAM permanent collection. A public open house will be held on Thursday, July 11 at 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. Meet the artists and discuss their artistic styles, materials and unique methods for creating images with pencils. The West Valley Art Museum is located in the
    Peoria City Hall Art Gallery at 8401 W Monroe Street.
    Gallery Hours - Mon/Tues/Wed 10 am—4 pm ~ Thurs noon - 6 pm
    623-972-0635 www.wvam.org