Are We Spoiled?

Discussion in 'Sun City General Discussions' started by BPearson, Feb 22, 2020.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Musing; it's what i tend to do on days like today. 100% chance of rain and by gosh, it appears they got it right. Two of the last three big storms we had came when there was no chance. Wouldn't you love to have a job where when you got it wrong, it didn't matter?

Back to the point, i HATE rainy days. We moved to Phoenix/Sun City to see the sun. When those ever so seldom days come along i feel cheated. Of course if we watch the local news at 5 and 6 pm we see how other places in the country are bombarded by snow, sleet, rain and flooding and in reflection we have it pretty darn good.

Anyway, my mussing (a period of reflection or thought), got me here. It would have/should have been way deeper and likely darker, but i elected to stay positive and light-hearted. Go figure.

One oddity is during the spring and fall we all tend to want that glorious sunshine. During the summer some folks get positively giddy over cloudy or rainy days. They love the reprieve from the heat. I guess later in the day i will head to the gym and try and catch up on my reading materials; way behind.

2. CMartinez

CMartinez Well-Known Member

Bill, we choose to live here, and with that choice comes the dust storms, the heat, the monsoon, and yes, the ever popular sun. In the summertime, it feels as if any break from the tortuous heat is welcome. In the winter, the rain feels cold and damp, and reminds some us of what it was like to live back east.

We are spoiled by choice, and for the most part, I feel most people love it here for whatever the weather brings, because life can be that good.

3. suncityjack

suncityjack Active Member

I've often said I expect a rebate for each dreary day since with a name like Sun City, it just ain't right to have misled me so....

BPearson likes this.