"America Was Always Great."

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by BPearson, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I had to smile at the title. I stated in an earlier post this was the general emotion most Democrats felt. At that time I didn't know he had chosen it for the title.

Emily Litella likes this.
  2. Cynthia

No one needs to become a jihadist to be radicalized, the neo nazi's and white supremacists are here are on parade.

3. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what I said to get people so up tight.
    From now on, I will keep my opinions to myself.

4. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

It may have been this peg:

Trump said something to the effect that we are no longer the "Piggy Bank of the world".
    I think he is doing a good job and the dems are so jealous they can't see straight.

:confused:

5. fixj

fixj Active Member

Safe to say that yesterday was the first time a US President was laughed at while addressing the UN. We are a trade based economy, stepping back into
    a pre WW2 world is insane.

5thd and Emily Litella like this.
  6. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

What makes this especially cringe-worthy is this is from the president who said, "the world won't be laughing at us anymore." Words matter, even when you have the best of them available to you (yup, he said that too).

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

7. Cynthia

Unfortunately they don’t care a rats ass about their place in history or what’s right. Money and power is the only game for them.

8. 5thd

5thd Member

What about Nikki Haley? I think Pence myself.

9. 5thd

5thd Member

Today America was not great. I am sad. The FBI needs to investigate and Brett doesn't welcome it. (Why?) He did not answer questions about the event rather boasted his resume. Dr. Ford gave details about the event. I am appalled by his anger and partisanship and question his fitness for the Supreme Court.

10. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

Surely there is a statute of limitations on filing a complaint of this nature.
    I suspect that everyone has something from their teenage years they would like to hide.
    Not me, of course!

11. Cynthia

She's not filing a complaint, not asking for him to be arrested for it. She's just trying to point out he shouldn't be on the supreme court. The issue now is if he is lying about these things like binge drinking, black-out drinking, and/or this issue of sexual assault. If he is lying about his teenage behavior, he has lied under oath and should not be on the court.

Statue of limitations for sexual assault depends on the state. Some states have no limitations.

12. Cynthia

No kidding. All he did was continually brag on and on about his accomplishments (sounds familar). Acomplished people still commit crimes. One doesn't cancel out the other. But the general modus operandi of this admin is deny, deny, deny.
    "You've got to deny, deny, deny and push back on these women," Trump said, according to Woodward. "If you admit to anything and any culpability, then you're dead."

BTW, did he put some cayenne pepper up his nose? He came out so red faced and kept sniffing long after his quasi-tearful moments. Something odd there.

5thd and Emily Litella like this.
  13. fixj

fixj Active Member

We will never know but I felt the Repub prosecutor ( from Maricopa Co. ) knew Dr. Ford was telling the truth.

The ABA has called for a FBI investigation of the new allegations, clearly the Republicans, Trump and Kavanaugh don't want the FBI asking questions.

To his credit Flake wants an FBI investigation.

5thd likes this.
  14. 5thd

5thd Member

They want Kavanaugh because he is a "get out of jail free card" He will destroy the country. Talk about partisan politics from the bench. He sounded like ALEX JONES with his conspiracy theories. Dangerous to have on any court.

15. Cynthia

Maybe but he came out sniffing. I seriously think he may have eaten spicy food to help him with the tears. He talked about his father's calendar and cried, he almost couldn't speak. His father is not dead...he was sitting right behind him. Wierd.

5thd likes this.
  16. Cynthia

It's truly difficult to keep up with the worst moments.

17. 5thd

5thd Member

Take back the house and they will investigate Kavanaugh's perjury and sexual assault charges. MUST win the HOUSE to save our Country.