Admin: Who owns this website

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by Cynthia, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

This is a question for the admin. I am curious about who owns this website and how it got started? A private person or something to do with a Sun City admin? Thanks

2. archer

archer New Member

Good question....I found this message board by accident.....I was searching for something better than the Newszap board, which only increased my blood pressure, when google pulled up TOSC. I think this is a great start on what could be a really useful and fun message board.....kudos to whoever took the time and made the effort to get it off the ground.

3. Cynthia

The only issue with this type of forum is after a while far too many threads get started and you can't find anything. I know about the search box and new posts button, but I've used this format before and it gets messy. Right now not too many of us are on here. If it gets busy we will see how it works. Usually after a while, the admin does not allow just any one to start a new thread.

4. archer

archer New Member

I belong to a couple of community websites in Colorado, one has 17,000 members from all over the country (certainly not all of them post), the other has about 2200 members, mostly local. Neither of these sites has ever limited who could start threads. Organization is key, and maybe there will need to be some tweaks in the future, but so far this board seems fairly easy to navigate and catch up on the latest posts.

5. pegmih

pegmih Well-Known Member

I love TOSC.
    That is if it is possible to love an inanimate whatever!

6. Cynthia

Has anyone used the city-data forum? I have on several occasions but I find it hard to get to the stuff I'm looking for so I stopped using it. They did have a good (scary) posting on Coyotes and pets. I have the wits scared out of me now about my dogs. I 'm not worried about the yard as I plan to screen in an area for them (haven't heard yeat that Coyotes will eat through a screen) but so many posts about encounters on the dog walk.

7. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Hello Cynthia. The site is owned by a company but the company is privately owned. It is not affiliated with Del Webb or Sun City in any way. The owners have had a successful model in The Villages Florida and the residents there love it so the thought was to bring it to the residents of Sun City. There have been numerous residents locally who have volunteered to help locally get the word out and we are very appreciative. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome and we have found with the various categories it can help as the site grows to still be able to find useful information. Thanks for the feedback.

8. Cynthia

Good to know the site owner has experience with other sites like this. Should help with the organization as it grows.

9. Fiona

Fiona New Member

I love this site and hope that it continues to build on people wanting to make a better Sun City for future residents. What a friendly bunch we have now!

10. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

I think this site --"TALK OF SUN CITY" - -is not only a form of entertainment - - duh - - on hot dry over 100 degree days - - but also very informative as to what is going on in our Sun City - -PLUS other areas in the nation ! ! One almost feels a "friendship-type-whatever" with the same folks who regularly post. I had tried Newszap but like this much better. Appreciate all the time and effort that has gone into making this site possible for us here !!!

11. Fiona

Fiona New Member

I love the information on this site and thank Peg for adding so much food for thought...and drinks as well lol.
    What I love is that there is only helpful suggestions, no arguing or fighting, no nasty remarks etc. I hope it stays this way and people remain civil towards one another. Let us keep focused on how to improve Sun City and how to welcome newcomers.

12. admin

With our sister site as there are more users you run into different personalities but we have been diligent and adamant about keeping it civil and everyone should respect each others opinions and not direct their comments at another user but direct them at the topic.

13. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Fiona -- I totally agree ! !

14. gilmark

gilmark New Member

I am finding this to be a fun site and have learned a lot already. It seems to be easy to follow, and I feel as if I have made friends in SC through Talk!

15. admin

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback!! We have worked really hard to get the site up and running and have great help and support through residents locally! Please tell your neighbors and help us get the word out!

16. Anita Mae

Anita Mae Member

Bravo - - Talk of Sun City ! ! !