19 Firefighters dead...

Discussion in 'Non Sun City Related Discussions' started by BPearson, Jul 1, 2013.

1. BPearson

BPearson Well-Known Member

Just when we start feeling sorry for ourselves cause things didn't work out quite right, we click on the television Sunday night and see how really ugly things can be. Damn, I saw the first commentary yesterday where they said they lost communication with them while they were fighting the wild fire in Yarnell. No big deal right?

Then while sitting with my mother watching Big Brother the news comes across that says 19 of these young men died in the blaze when it turned on them. The first question of course is, "how can that possibly happen?" Then the stark reality was it doesn't matter how, just that it was an ugly, ugly tragedy that will ruin lives for years to come. Their families will be devastated.

Came home and watched for hours and perhaps there was nothing more disturbing than to listen the interview with the fire chief up there. Idiot reporters kept asking the same stupid questions that the chief said he couldn't and wouldn't answer. Geez, where do they find these dummies trying to be Walter Cronkite by sounding like Bozo the Clown?

My sympathies and prayers to those 19 men and their families. Way too many and way too young trying to save something that wasn't all that important.

2. aggie

aggie Well-Known Member

I agree. My heart is so heavy today.

3. DDArm

DDArm Member

What a horrible thing to happen, nothing can compare to losing a loved one. My heart goes out to the community and the families of all 19 involved.

4. Fiona

Fiona New Member

Such honorable young men. It was hard watching the news and I feel so bad for the families.

5. Fiona

Fiona New Member

I also noticed over 600 homes were lost in that little town. Poor people.

6. DDArm

DDArm Member

Fiona, it is horrible. One of our insureds lost their home and travel trialer in the fire.

7. Cynthia

Cynthia Well-Known Member

I heard about this last night. I wonder about Firefighters... how can they be so brave. People throw around the word hero but firefighters are at the top of my list for that word.